Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2022, 06:43 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,221,264 times

Advertisements

In other news, my husband shared this with me. I was in tears by the end of it and find MJF a humble, hugely funny, absolutely inspiring human being. Of course, many famous people will lend their names to causes close to their hearts, as he has done, but he's marshalled a group of heavy hitters to the cause of Parkinson's Disease and has turned his unfortunate fate into positive action. He is also blessed with the bedrock support of his wife, children and many friends. This is worth the 10 minutes and might change your perspective when you want to start grousing about your own problems (and I say that because that's how I felt).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUy2jPuVPw

Old 11-23-2022, 06:53 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Wait! my bad....above is Woody's into - which itself is wonderful. Below is MJF's actuall speech. 13 mins. apologies for my confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQXDve6WiE

Old 11-23-2022, 07:21 AM

538 posts, read 538,823 times
Truly inspiring speech. My BIL was recently diagnosed, and a very good friend lost his battle with Parkinson’s a few years ago. A terribly debilitating disease.

Not to take anything away from MJF and his heroic mission, but those who are affected by Parkinson’s or know of someone, look into Rock Steady Boxing, a program designed and proven to slow the development of Parkinson’s.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:50 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
This was a very inspirational and charming speech from MJF but I am not surprised as that little Canuck has always been larger than life. Good for him and I wish him and his family the best!

Every single day I am free of disease, illness or even some physical pain/discomfort, I am happy.
The most important and valuable asset of any person is their health. Without it, not even having billions would mean much.

Wouldn't it be an interestingly better world if every country was able to focus most of their budget on education, technology and healthcare instead of military, weapons, nukes and even stupid costly space exploration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.