Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2023, 10:09 PM

64 posts, read 42,150 times

Advertisements

Since there is only 1 week left here I would like to do a thread of all the people we sadly lost this year

The full list is here:

https://ew.com/celebrity/stars-we-lo...ebrity-deaths/

The most notable has to be:

Lisa Marie Presley. I think that was the first shocking passing of the year in my opinion.
Led Goodman (Dancing With The Stars)
Jerry Springer
Tina Turner
Paul Reubens
Terry Funk
Brey Wyatt (Wrestler)
Bob Barker
Suzanne Somers
Matthew Perry
Norman Lear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2023, 12:03 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Thanks for the link. There are a lot of deaths listed. Some I hadn't heard about. Sad how many younger people there were, some from suicide or an OD.

Old 12-26-2023, 07:20 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Oh no! I just saw in that link about Kamar de los Reyes! I loved him on One Life to Live. So sad.

Old 12-28-2023, 11:07 AM

5,576 posts, read 6,503,361 times
Thanks for the list. I found several I didn't know who had passed, several who I had forgotten had passed, and many who I never knew of or heard of, but when looking at the text told me "who" they were.

Years ago a radio duo on a popular radio morning show I listened to religiously (they both were great) had a bit every year at this time. It was about who would die in the upcoming year. I find myself thinking this occasionally as I get older and my "peers" and generational favorites age as well.

Old 12-29-2023, 05:45 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,222,436 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OggxFtRLE

TCM does the best tribute to those we've lost.

Old 12-30-2023, 11:13 PM

1,938 posts, read 701,897 times
We also lost Tom Wilkinson! He was an English actor. Very good in the movie; In The Bedroom.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:26 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
We also lost Tom Wilkinson! He was an English actor. Very good in the movie; In The Bedroom.
That is how I know him, he was great in that movie. Also the awful Master Van Ruijven in Girl with a Pearl Earring.

Old 01-03-2024, 02:46 AM

1,824 posts, read 799,349 times
Wow, where is Randy Meisner on these lists? He was an original member of the Eagles, Poco, had a solo career, was a singer, (amazing voice range), songwriter, musician, inducted into R&R Hall of Fame, left this planet July 2023. RIP.

Old 01-03-2024, 05:00 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Tom Sizemore is another that has been left off quite a few lists. Along with Smash Mouth frontman Steve Harwell.. but.. Both of them.. Many substance abuse issues between them.. and Sizemore had other accusations against him as well that kinda explain why his death would be a bit.. Overlooked. intentionally.

The hardest hitting death of the year, i'd have to go Bob Barker. So many of us.. He was just a great part of our childhoods. Watching Bob on TPiR when we were home sick from school. I remember sitting with my grandmother watching TPiR in the 70's before I started school.. So.. Bob was just.. Ingrained in many good memories for me, which made his death very sad, even though.. It certainly wasn't unexpected. Man was 99, after all.

The most shocking.. Probably has to go to Matthew Perry. In hindsight.. knowing what we know now.. It's far less shocking, but..

And then.. At the very end of the year.. Cale Yarborough. Agan.. Not surprising. I'd been hearing rumblings that the end was near for him for several months.. But..

The number of (famous) people who die on either Christmas Day, new Years eve or New Years Day is kinda astounding. Back in the mid 00's, it seems like every year someone famous died on Christmas day.

Ray Walston died New Years Day 2001, I think it was.. James Brown on Christmas Day.. I forget the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities