Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2024, 03:10 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/driver-pl...181258836.html

Fair enough, I say and apparently so thinks the family, at least some of whom (evidently and most importantly, the widow) didn't want charges pressed. Always seemed to me like prosecutors were being excessive. I wish I knew that for sure and why exactly the crash happened (right now, the public has learned nothing more about driving safety). Anyway, I hope everyone moves on as well as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2024, 10:14 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post

Fair enough, I say and apparently so thinks the family, at least some of whom (evidently and most importantly, the widow) didn't want charges pressed. Always seemed to me like prosecutors were being excessive. I wish I knew that for sure and why exactly the crash happened (right now, the public has learned nothing more about driving safety). Anyway, I hope everyone moves on as well as possible.
I was thinking about the accident last week as last Friday's new episode of Blue Bloods was 'dedicated' to Treat Williams, finalizing with a picture of Treat Williams and Tom Selleck together.

Part of the story line for that episode was about Treat Williams/Lenny's daughter on the show.

Old 03-08-2024, 11:44 PM

I heard a bit, a report, about the episode on TV, but the case resolution only online, go figure. Coverage of the case has always been unusually shallow, maybe because it's an inconvenient location for the media and Treat Williams was not a big star.

Oh, also, nothing about a civil case filed. Let's assume that the insurance company (or companies) found the SUV driver somewhat to blame and his insurer has agreed to pay the Williams family, which also means sky-high insurance premiums for that driver for the foreseeable future. He's not getting off with a slap on the wrist.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-08-2024 at 11:56 PM..

Old 03-09-2024, 01:51 AM

People's website says, "Investigators believe Koss didn't see the actor on the motorbike." Okay, I never thought he hurried to beat the motorcycle, but that leaves many unanswered questions. We might never know why unless the driver Mr. Koss someday elaborates in a news story (maybe local media would care more than the national media does) or a transcript of what he said to others earlier is released (and he might have bit his tongue to cover his behind). Er, very unlikely the latter, for criminal investigation records are listed as exempt from the Freedom of Information Act in Vermont.
Ah, I found an article where the actor's son told the driver in court "“You just weren’t looking." At all? Well, if he knows for a fact that's what happened, that certainly was "incompetent" and unusual and I'd want to know why - I think demonstrable distracted driving can be ruled out by lack of such a citation - but anyway....

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-09-2024 at 02:22 AM..

Old 03-09-2024, 07:14 AM

3,139 posts, read 1,595,514 times
The major factors of the plea deal:

Bennington County State’s Attorney Erica Marthage said Williams’ family supported the plea deal, but she emphasized that she oversaw the major decisions in the case.

Marthage said she recommended this case resolution because of several major factors. She said Koss does not have a criminal record, the state couldn’t find proof that he was driving while distracted, such as while using a phone, and that he immediately called Williams’ wife to tell her about the crash.

https://vtdigger.org/2024/03/08/driv...-of-probation/

Old 03-09-2024, 09:31 AM

Good info. You're a local?

It's interesting that he doesn't seem to know why he badly erred, and it's sad to learn that he and Williams weren't just work friends but actually hung out on their free time.

Old 03-09-2024, 12:05 PM

To answer an old question from a thread last year, the New York Post at the time ran an article with a slideshow I only clicked on now, and the motorcycle in the fatal crash was black, red, and silver, not especially hard to see in normal daylight conditions. If visibility was an issue at all in why the accident happened, something that might run through Mr. Koss's mind for years to come, it wasn't that.

Old 03-11-2024, 12:51 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post

Thanks for posting it. I hadn't seen it yet.

It stinks that we're all left wondering exactly what happened that he hit Treat's bike.

Motorcycles will start coming out in the coming weeks now that the weather is getting warmer. I hope everyone pays attention to them if they do see bikes while driving.

Old 03-11-2024, 09:35 AM

Between Mr. Koss not sure entirely how he went wrong and the police apparently never bothering to recreate the accident - he's dead, so why spend the time and money - that's how it goes. Never mind that fixable road conditions might be lurking to contribute to another accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities