Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,534 times

Advertisements

For me is

Tori Spelling. This lady can not act to save her Life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 04:53 PM

638 posts, read 1,917,953 times
Though I love her in her movies DREW BARRYMORE has got to be the worst in terms of acting ability

Demi Moore plays a close second

Old 11-04-2008, 05:22 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Drew Barrymore. Sucks, sucks, sucks at acting.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:54 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,722,636 times
You're suggesting Hollywood actresses are supposed to *act*, i.e. project a character not their own, remember and deliver script with conviction, convincingly portray character?

Foolish notion. This is where you've gone awry. They are supposed to be young without wrinkles or expression, sexy, preferably mostly naked with gargantuan cleavage and lips, and disappear into the cinematic night after the age of 35. Thud.

Your preconceived notion of what an actress should be able to do is the problem. You need to realize that looks are everything in media, and any kind of talent is an afterthought of unexpected surprise.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:58 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
gosh soooo many I could name. If I have to narrow it down to one and we're talking movie actress then I say: Anjelina Jolie

Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
gosh soooo many I could name. If I have to narrow it down to one and we're talking movie actress then I say: Anjelina Jolie
You will change your mind when she picks up her second Oscar for the Clint Eastwood directed Changeling.

Worst actress - Cameron Diaz.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:11 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,534 times
Quote:
I beg to disagree!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,746 times
Paris Hilton...agree ?? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused002.gif (broken link)

Old 11-04-2008, 10:47 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
NO-I won't change my mind. Winning an Oscar means squat. Who votes for the winners? Not ticket buyers.
Anyway.I won't bother respondig to all of you Jolie fans who disagree with me..........remember this before posting---this is MY opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You will change your mind when she picks up her second Oscar for the Clint Eastwood directed Changeling.

Worst actress - Cameron Diaz.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:46 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
Quote:
NO-I won't change my mind. Winning an Oscar means squat. Who votes for the winners? Not ticket buyers.
Anyway.I won't bother respondig to all of you Jolie fans who disagree with me..........remember this before posting---this is MY opinion.
ticket buyers? are these the people who we look to to decide what's good and Oscar worthy, the same people that help made Beverly Hills Chihuahuas and Saw V big hits?? no offense, the the ticket buying public, as a whole, isn't that bright, or at least, are more willing to put their money on mindless dribble than actual good movies! people's choice is all fine and good, but don't forget that the highest grossing movies aren't always the best. though I will agree that an Oscar isn't undeniable proof of an actor's ability

Angelina is ok, not great, not bad. she hasn't had much of a chance to expand on her roles since most of her flicks are action movies, but I can't forget her performance in Gia, and she was great in A Mighty Heart.

Jessica Alba is a gimme, pure eye candy, little skill. ditto Kate Hudson and Megan Fox.

I'm iffy about Halle Berry. not the worst actress in Hollywood, but not the best. she can't really carry a movie on her own, or maybe she's just been picking up some crappy scripts (Gothika was horrible, and I heard Perfect Strangers wasn't that great either)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities