Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,533 times

Advertisements

For all of the people here saying she is dumb and get what she has coming, its not as easy as it seems. Its easy to judge when you've never been in this situation. IMO they are both victims. Chris of himself and Rhianna of....Chris. They both need serious counseling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
First of all who cares. These people that everyone THINKS they know are not really who they are. It is not uncommon to return after something like this. She isn't that old. Also we really don't know the whole story. I'm sure this isn't the first time and without good help it will not be the last. I experienced this and I do not feel that either of them are spokes people this this issues. The one that really could make a difference is Chris Brown. Who in the heck gets involved like Sean Puffy when this type of behavior is involved. Stay out of it , this isn't a patch a couple up situation. I think she needed to stay away and try and move on. I think if Chris Brown seeks out treatment to find out what issues he has and works on the anger mangement they could get together again. Tina Turner needs to speak with her. Her Movie Whats Love Got To Do With It is all about being hit , going back and pretending to be this couple that America wanted to see.
A lot of people are comparing this situation to Ike & Tina, but I don't think it is. Ike would beat Tina for any and every reason. "What time is it Ana Mae" "It's a quarter to 3, Ike" Slap.

With Chris & Rihanna, I think this is more a case of two immature people who make bad decisions and have serious control issues. If both of them were brought up in abusive homes - then they both need counseling. As much as people like to say she was the victim - I just don't believe she was sitting there, quietly and he started beating her. I think this was a fight that escalated out of control. IMO they both need help and they don't need to be together.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,300 times
But once a man hit's you, that's it - no going back. He didn't just shove her he pounded on her - what if he had given her an unlucky blow to her head. You can't go back to what you were once he's done that to you and I'm sure he'll strike again.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Rihanna needs counseling but years of low self esteem (no matter how beautiful and successful you are) really can not be undone overnight.

Abusive people are drawn to those partners who will fill a role as a "victim" or "submissive". People with low self esteem are drawn to those who are (in their mind) strong and protective but in reality are dominating and possesive.

Even if Rihanna leaves Chris Brown and never pursues a relationship with him again; her next relationship may be more of the same or worse.

For the people that say to "leave them alone", "we don't know what really happened" and "let them work it out"; they really need to seek professional help separately. Chris Brown is not necessarily a bad person but he is a sick person who had the wrong modeling when it comes to how men should interact with women. This behavior CAN NOT be modified overnight, it can take years(if ever) for an abuser to truly "get" the reason why it was wrong to hit a woman.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:51 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,709,398 times
Well, SUPPOSEDLY they're either married or engaged:

Bossip.com » Archive Man & Wife???? «

Old 03-04-2009, 08:15 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,420,843 times
If true I don't think she can be forced to testify against him.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:13 PM

42 posts, read 132,868 times
i agree with "sweetkisses", they both need some very serious life changeing counseling. beating women is definitely not cool, not unless she turns into a vampire or whip out something bigger than yours or, you wake up and find shes got you handcuffed to the bed and is going through your wallet, or you're in the army and some other country allow's women in thier army as well, these are all exceptions

Old 03-05-2009, 12:55 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
Default Brown charged with 2 Felonies!!

Ha! Now let's see if his fame gets him off the hook. Two felony counts.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:23 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,420,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Ha! Now let's see if his fame gets him off the hook. Two felony counts.
Does that count as two strikes or one? Because if it counts at two the next is life isn't it? Of course I'm assuming he'll be convicted which may not happen.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:02 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,632 times
Its abuse it doesn't matter if it is like Ike or not or if it was one time or 70. I think this wasn't the first time. She is making a huge mistake staying with him. One anger mangement class will not fix this issue. Why he gets anger is a mental health issue. He needs to understand that and having lived this he need to admit to it. When he does that he can then start moving forward. I heard she doesn't have to testify. What you are seeing now is the honeymoon state. I'm sorry , I will never do that again. I love you. If you leave me I'll kill myself. He is playing her and if he does get off people who support his music, concerts and movies need to walk away. He needs to learn one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities