Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 PM

145 posts, read 645,335 times

Advertisements

Forgive my vagueness, but I really don't remember much about it. It was around 1992-1995, I think, and there was a documentary about MJ and the Jackson 5. I think the focus was on the jackson 5 and the early years....

does that ring a bell to anyone? any real fans out there know what I might be talking about? i tried looking for it on wikie, googled, etc. it may have been a sort of ABC documentary even.

thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Was it the Martin Bashir documentary?

Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,303 times
No, He's referring to the TV movie, likely. I own it on DVD. I believe it's called "The Jacksons: An American Dream".

Yeah, right here. Is this what you're talking about?

Amazon.com: The Jacksons - An American Dream (The Complete Miniseries): Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Angela Bassett, Holly Robinson Peete, Margaret Avery, Alex Burrall, Jermaine Jackson II, Bumper Robinson, Floyd Roger Myers Jr., Monica Calhoun, Jason Wea

Old 06-26-2009, 01:03 AM

145 posts, read 645,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
No, He's referring to the TV movie, likely. I own it on DVD. I believe it's called "The Jacksons: An American Dream".

Amazon.com: The Jacksons - An American Dream (The Complete Miniseries): Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs, Angela Bassett, Holly Robinson Peete, Margaret Avery, Alex Burrall, Jermaine Jackson II, Bumper Robinson, Floyd Roger Myers Jr., Monica Calhoun, Jason Wea

thanks, chief. i think that is it! i'll get it and if not, i'll come back and tell otherwise. that was such a great film. the dad was so tough, but very understandable considering the era and what it must've been like for blacks back then....

Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post

I've seen it on VH1 a million times - very likely it'll be on again in the near future. It makes me sad to see how Joe treated the kids and how Katherine allowed it. Personally, I think none of them really recovered from it.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:33 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
I think VH1 is doing an all weekend tribute to Michael, with videos and such. So you might be able to catch it this weekend. I know I really enjoy watching the music videos.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:24 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier. Hope you caught it on TV Land Sunday. It might be better to rent it or record it, since it was very long (think it was 5 hours)

BTW, Fox is airing Michael Jackson's appearance on American Idol on Monday.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:55 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Yes, check the guide, there are a lot of Jackson related shows on.

I watched the biography yesterday, was 2 or 3 hours long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities