Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,672,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
If I has to guess and play armchair psycologist, I'd say he had been self-medicating for bipolar.

He seems manic at the moment.
I agree... he seems completely manic now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Charlie is now on the level of Gary Busey, Nick Nolte, Mel Gibson, and other celebrities of similar insanity and drug abuse. Perhaps Keith Richards needs to teach Charlie who's king of being a functioning alcoholic & drug addict. He was voted most likely to die over 5 years straight and yet he out lived those writers.
Frankly, I would not put Mel Gibson or Nick Nolte anywhere NEAR the level of Sheen right now. They certainly had their moments, but this guy seems determined to create not just a montage of jaw-dropping/out-of-control moments - but an entire movie. He definitely appears to have hit the "self destruct" button. I do feel bad for him and his family. It must be very painful for his loved ones to watch and not be able to do anything.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM

499 posts, read 405,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I agree... he seems completely manic now.
Someone get him some lithium and pack him off to rehab.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Has anyone read any of Chuck Lorre's vanity cards for 2 and 1/2 Men? I find it interesting that he (Lorre, or Levine, or whatever he wants to go by) objects to Sheen's commenting about him publicly, but look what Lorre has been snarking about Sheen long before all the recent public rants...

CLP - Vanity Card #329
CLP - Vanity Card #327
CLP - Vanity Card #324
CLP - Vanity Card #315
CLP - Vanity Card #295

This is so much more than we've been yet shown. The journalists are not asking the right questions.
Well, the 2nd link has absolutely nothing to do with Charlie Sheen, so I'm not sure why you included that. What were you trying to illustrate with it?

As for the rest, I can only surmise that we must have a very different sense of humor than one another, because I thought they were downright hilarious. Literally laugh-out-loud funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Lorre

I exercise regularly. I eat moderate amounts of healthy food. I make sure to get plenty of rest. I see my doctor once a year and my dentist twice a year. I floss every night. I've had chest x–rays, cardio stress tests, EKG's and colonoscopies. I see a psychologist and have a variety of hobbies to reduce stress. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers.

If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really pissed.
I mean, c'mon, that's too funny for words!

As for the recent interviews, woo boy, some incredible one-liners there.

"I don't think people are ready for the message I'm delivering, with a sense of violent love."

"They picked a fight with a warlock."

"I do not believe that if I do something that I have to follow a certain path, because it was written for normal people. People who are not special. People who don't have tiger blood, you know, Adonis DNA."

"I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special. I’m tired of pretending like I’m not bitchin’, a total freakin’ rock star from Mars."

"Yeah. I am on a drug. It’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."

Oh lord, these are priceless. You just can't make this stuff up!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 PM

499 posts, read 405,116 times
Dear God that Piers Morgan interview.

He's riding the wave of mania hard right now. Not to mention the drugs...

Old 02-28-2011, 08:17 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,741 times
Oh man! I hate Piers Morgan, but I might just have to tune in for that!

Did he talk about his tiger blood or his Adonis DNA?

Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,066,335 times
The amazing thing I don't get is how in the world did he pass a drug test? In one of the morning shows he was on they said that if he was taking cocaine and or any other harmful drug it would have remained in his system (blood) for more than 12 weeks (and he gave urine and blood which cam out normal). So he's not on drugs, he is just crazy!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,503,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Well, the 2nd link has absolutely nothing to do with Charlie Sheen, so I'm not sure why you included that. What were you trying to illustrate with it?
I think it was in reference that Charlie was mentioning Chucks real name and that some were accusing Charlie of being anti semitic.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
He's acting like he's some kind of a God now, but if he (survives and) ever gets straight and looks back at the way his behavior is right now, I'll bet he'll want to crawl in a hole and NEVER come out.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 02-28-2011 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: added something

Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,849,725 times
Default sheen

This is all so interesting to us (myself included) because it is such bizarre behavior.....whether from drugs, alcohol, bi-polar ilness etc. Today I read his parents are so deeply concerned they are speaking with attorneys about how to take control of his life legally. If this were our son, brother, father, how painful it would be to watch...

I feel the media, knowing full well how bizarre/sick he is right now, is taking advantage of him for tv RATINGS.....

makes a good story=money.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities