Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 PM

48 posts, read 169,136 times

Advertisements

Since the iphone is coming out tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone is planning on camping out or at least contemplating buying one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 12:48 PM

305 posts, read 1,618,608 times
No, this first generation sounds like it will be riddled with problems. I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:13 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Default I Want One Sooooooooo Bad!!!!

I'm a recently converted Mac user, and as I've been watching all the iPhone commericials and the little info-mercial things on the Apple website, I'm totally like a junkie that's jonesin' for a fix!!!!! (It's quite pathetic, really. giggle!) Even tho there will probably be kinks that need to be worked out, I'd be willing to be a guinea pig if I hadn't just recently left a steady paying job to follow my heart into a commision only job. Oh well. <shrugs> I'd love to be at the Apple store tomorrow evening to watch and see what happens, tho!!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
I'm forcing myself to wait til my current phone is up for renewal in December. Hopefully by then they will be readily available and maybe there will be some sort of rebate available.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:26 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnag View Post
No, this first generation sounds like it will be riddled with problems. I'll let someone else be the guinea pig.
I'm waiting for my phone to be up for renewal too before possibly making the plunge...besides, I agree with irnag...I'll wait until the next version comes out with even more memory and some of the kinks worked out.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:33 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
If the phones worked on multiple services with all the features intact, I would consider it. But for now, not me.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:04 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,762 times
I have AT&T but had to buy a new phone like 3 months ago when my razr conked out. It was a 1st generation razr so it had all the kinks in it still. I would wait for 3G capability, but as a macophile I can't wait to get one.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:21 PM

I would really like have one. I love having the latest and the greatest gadgets. But I think I may wait as well. Do you think there will be a mad rush at the AT&T and apple stores like in New York city? Does anyone know anybody that is currently camped out here to get one?

Old 06-28-2007, 03:14 PM

159 posts, read 785,060 times
Default Hello Im a Mac

I would love to have one, but I will have to wait because I just bought a MacBook Pro last week. Id rather have the laptop first. Ive just made the switch and I have to say "I love my Mac". Im not stranger to Apple products and their history. Apple doesnt make cheap products, Apples only knock in past years was that there PC were too expensive. Well Apple is now competive with the prices of their PC's and their stock is rising fast. A lot of the recient rise in their stock is due to the ipod, but OSX is selling like crazy. This iphone really could do some major damage to Apple if it is a flop, that is why it wont be. Apple does not make junk! I think anyone who can buy the phone but chose not to because of first gen errors is making a big mistake. Im sure there may be a few hang up here and there, but not enough to take any shine away from the iphone. If you can get one just get it or you will look like "PC" from those clever Apple commercials. The only hang ups I see are the price, the 2yr contract, switching providers, and I hear there are many extra fees for the phone extras like Safarri (not sure about this extra fee stuff). Please dont doubt Mr.Jobs on this one, trust in Apple.....get it. MAN Im jealous, I wanted to pull that phone out at the club tomorrow night (Fri 6/29)and get many a girls phone numbers on the futuristic device.....oh well Im still going to get those numbers just on my old phone. Yuck, my phone has buttons how outta date am I.

Its a Mac world baby.....take a bit out of the big Apple.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:53 PM

As much as I love Apple (over 15 years), Apple has made some flops. The Lisa and the The Newton to name a few. The iphone is a very risky move, but Steve Jobs seem to have his pulse on the market. So far he has been right on target. The iphone will have free software updates to counter any glitches. Just like the Mac. But I don't think waiting will be a bad thing. If does what it clams, there will be a iphone waiting for everyone who wants one, just like the ipod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones