Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM

149 posts, read 270,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
No, it actually may even be faster than the android one, it's litle itpicky stuff that makes me like the android browser better. It seems when zooming it formats text to the frame better, plus it has flash, and WP7 limits you to 6 windows at a time, while android is 8. Also the explorer bar and options disappear on Wp7 when in landscape mode.
Ok, cool. I may get a Windows Phone 7 as my second phone. What carrier do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 AM

418 posts, read 809,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachgeek View Post
Ok, cool. I may get a Windows Phone 7 as my second phone. What carrier do you have?
I'll stick with android; Windows wont fool me again.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:58 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,901,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
I'll stick with android; Windows wont fool me again.
this is exactly what I'm talking about. Wp7 issue is a perception problem. It's of M$ own doing, but it hurts consumers. Those who have felt "burned" in the past miss out on a great OS. The thing about windows mobile, thugh, is tha tit was never meant for consumers, it was an enterprise device. Also what led to it being crap is the fact that they had to keep bolting new stuff onto an old kernel to maintain legacy support for enterprise. Wp7 is a clean break from WInMo. Still, I'm not saying everybody run out and get a Wp7 device, I'm just saying it's worth considering and you shouldn't write it off out of hand.

I understand how someone who hated winmo would go to iOS, I understand how someone who loved winmo would go to android. I find it odd that someone who hated winmo would go to android. Over on XDA most of the android powerusers are former winmo guys who miss the open nature of it compared to WP7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachgeek View Post
At&T

Old 06-06-2011, 07:40 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,708,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
this is exactly what I'm talking about. Wp7 issue is a perception problem. It's of M$ own doing, but it hurts consumers. Those who have felt "burned" in the past miss out on a great OS.
Sorry, but when a company burns me I don't continue to give them 2nd chance after 2nd chance.
I was a big MS fan. Had 3 different WinMoby phones.
But I am done and am not looking back. I don't care if the new Windows Phone brews coffee. Done.
I am not missing out on a great OS. Android IS a great OS, as well.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,548,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Sorry, but when a company burns me I don't continue to give them 2nd chance after 2nd chance.
I was a big MS fan. Had 3 different WinMoby phones.
But I am done and am not looking back. I don't care if the new Windows Phone brews coffee. Done.
I am not missing out on a great OS. Android IS a great OS, as well.
Pretty much my story. Was a fan of win mobile for years, even built some apps for it, but just couldn't wait for them to catch up and android did a LOT of things right. It's a shame they didn't get the ball rolling earlier given MS's resources.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:23 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,708,993 times
Just got an email from Microsoft that the market for WinMoby 6.x is being shut down.
Not there there was much of anything there anyway.

Way to go MS!

Old 06-09-2011, 12:40 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,901,000 times
Quote:
Just got an email from Microsoft that the market for WinMoby 6.x is being shut down.

Way to go MS!

Don't know if you're being sarcastic are not, but that's just what they should've done. There should be no confusion on the difference betwwen winmo and WP7, I know M$ would love nothing better than to kill winmo all together but can't, at least not yet, due to enterprise. The type of people who still use winmo were gettign thier apps before the marketplace and still will be able to get them after. This is necessary for them to for their integrated model. Speaking of which, another reason why I'm a fan of WP7. I buy a movie on my phone it'll appear on my PC and 360. Or any combination of that (but on 360, appears on PC and Phone). Also if I'm watching a video or listening to podcast on my phone, and then continue it on my PC it picks up right where it left off. i know everything thing is moving this direction. It's probably be the same way if I had a apple tv or google tv.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:

Way to go MS!
I can't believe their shutting down myPhone as well... That's just another slap in the face to Win 6.x users. WP7 hasn't even been our for a year, and there's no upgrade path for Win 6.x users. This is not a cool move.

I understand shutting down the market, it was useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones