Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2play View Post
this isn't a dumb question. search engine's can't answer such specific questions unless they bring up questions from different forums.

Google isn't like 'artificial intelligence'
"Question: "How can I do a reverse phone look up without being charged.....I want to do it for free""

First hit in the Google search (retrieved today "Free Reverse Phone Number Lookup | WhitePages"

Google cannot provide answers to anything, really. It just points people to the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
"Question: "How can I do a reverse phone look up without being charged.....I want to do it for free""

First hit in the Google search (retrieved today "Free Reverse Phone Number Lookup | WhitePages"

Google cannot provide answers to anything, really. It just points people to the answers.
I realize you're trying to be cute, but the purpose of this community is to help others out with their questions as well as tech discussions. While, yes, the OP could have simply spent time Googling these answers him/herself, it can be a time consuming process. Google is no longer the great search engine it used to once be, so spending time going through all the trash returns can take awhile. I, for one, appreciate the quick and helpful responses of the fellow posters here in this community who are willing to help someone save time by having the answers they need rather than someone basically saying to bug off and find it yourself.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:00 PM

543 posts, read 1,740,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
free reverse phone lookup
There's an app for that: Number Guru

Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 119,854 times
none of these sites are free they all want a cc just to simple the services. Then they continue to take your money even if you cancel

Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 PM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob52 View Post
none of these sites are free they all want a cc just to simple the services. Then they continue to take your money even if you cancel
Nonsense, there are several sites that charge nothing and do not require a credit card, ever !!!

The WhoAreYou application is 100% free and works like a charm for me. I use the app with YouMail, which is also 100% free. In the past, I have used whitepages.com on my phone and computer without having to pay anything additional.

Of course there will be some internet sites that ask for a credit card, just avoid them like the plague.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:12 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
whitepages.com is also free. There are many that do indeed charge fees, sometimes for more comprehensive data (Spokeo is a good example.) There are plenty of free ones out there, if you look hard enough.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:55 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,515,154 times
Try Internet Phonebook

Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
whitepages.com is also free. There are many that do indeed charge fees, sometimes for more comprehensive data (Spokeo is a good example.) There are plenty of free ones out there, if you look hard enough.
whitepages is not free. They offer similar 'teaser' information as all the others (which was incorrect when I tried it on my number, btw) and then request something like $10 for the information.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
Has the same (incorrect) teaser information, and will bill you $1.99 for each match. Doesn't tell you how many matches there are. Doesn't seem to offer any way to get reimbursed for incorrect matches.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:42 AM

6,470 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Wow, I never had a problem using whitepages.com for free. I guess this is a fairly recent change for the worse IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones