Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 07:47 AM

858 posts, read 2,992,758 times

Advertisements

Just noticed on my Verizon wireless billing that theres a .99 "Administrative Charge" under "Verizon Wireless Surcharges". Anyone know what the heck it is?

More than likely it's just another way to scam another $1 out of us. Next there will be a "processing surcharge".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 08:18 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,436,376 times
It's an administrative charge, says so right there on the bill

They'll say it's to cover costs or something...we all know those types of fees are BS. Ticketmaster is one of the worst with those types of ambiguous fees and charges.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,775 times
Default Verizon Administrative Fees

i would love to know what these administrative fees are for. is this something requested by the fcc or what. i am tired of getting nickled and dimed by various utility companies because they can set up all type of surcharges. these surcharges just lines big business pockets while taking money from those who can least afford it.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,211,407 times
I found this in a Vz wireless forum...

Quote:
Below is what was on my bill just prior to the increase was actually on the bill:

Notice Of Administrative Charge Increase

Effective 1/1/2012, the monthly Verizon Wireless Administrative Charge
for voice and email plans will increase from $0.83 to $0.99 per line for all
eligible customers. The charge for Mobile Broadband customers will
remain at $.06. For information regarding this charge, call
1-888-684-1888. Please consult your Customer Agreement for
information about rate changes.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM

6,471 posts, read 10,335,572 times
OP, the administrative fee has always been there and is nothing new, only the amount charged has apparently changed. Cellular companies cannot list them as taxes but is allowed to pass the fees along to the customer in this fashion. All customers are required to pay such fees and they are non-negotiable.

As mentioned earlier in post #4 you can look up the source of the fees or call customer service for an explanation.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
I stick with Verizon for the simple reason they have the best coverage here in the mountains...... but

I go over every bill looking for errors.

Last one, just this week, there was a $15 number change charge for one of my phones (have 5), and a $15 fee for a number I don't have, nor have ever had, plus all the taxes, admin fees, etc. associated with these.

By know I know the 800 number , and I know that you can shortcut all their stupid prompts by repeatedly saying "agent" after you enter the first prompts, such as the phone number you are calling about, and the type of support, typically "technical" or other

Guy researched it, and found it was an "error" on someone's part (no kaka sherlock) and the charges erroneous. Fine, now why should I have to spend 20 minutes of my time for Verizons incompetence, this is costing me money, etc. blah blah.

End result, $60 credit applied immediately to remove the erroneous charges and my troubles.Before I let him go I logged into my account and saw that my balance was now $60 less than the bill I just received via email.

I start every call with them by asking:
your name?
where are you located? (So far they have all been in the US)
and will Verizon be able to identify you solely by this information?

Then start explaining why you are calling. When dealing with these people, say it nicely but stand your ground. Don't insult the person you are talking to, insult their solution by saying "that is not acceptable, hand me off to your supervisor"

Old 08-22-2012, 01:27 PM

192 posts, read 438,357 times
DUMP your contract phone and go "prepaid"!!
No bill, no overages and you change phones whenever the mood strikes you!! Contact phones are a lose,lose deal!

T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones