Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 PM

48 posts, read 70,119 times

Advertisements

i had alot of problems with the battery life too on all my iphones, 3, 3g, and 4g
im convinced apple is doing this on purpose to keep us hooked on buying new phones etc lol
i did a search onyou tube and found out, if you do things like turn down the brightness on your settings, turn off locators etc when not using, wi fi etc. it will def extend your battery life. it does work!! also dont charge until its practically totally dead.
my new 4gs was only 4 months old when the battery went out completely, apple replaced it for free for me.
i basically use my ipad for everything now so im not going to waste more money buying a 5. seems silly to me!!
good luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
. . . You also need to "train" your battery. You do this by allowing the battery to completely drain before fully charging it. Do that a few times and the battery manager in iOS will "know" how to charge the phone based on your usage. . .
I've been told that with the newer Li-Ion batteries (which apparently are used in all cell phones now) do not have to be 'trained', nor do they respond to it.

Are you saying this is not true?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:44 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,233,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
If the iPhone gets much bigger, even *I* will start looking for other phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Agreed! Some of those other phones are way too big for me. I've got a tablet for when I need a larger screen.
Well, the OP did mention wishing the screen was larger, so that is one right there.

I was specifically talking about the people who think the iPhone is the absolute greatest thing on the planet. You know, the ones who camp out every year so they can be one of the first to tweet about owning the newest iPhone. To them, a larger (or smaller) form factor would not matter. Sure, Apple would lose some sales if the iPhone grew larger. But, they will retain their core faithful and gain new users who do want more screen real estate. So sales should even out.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,078,419 times
Quote:
If the iPhone gets much bigger, even *I* will start looking for other phones.
Don't worry ... there are already pictures of the iPhone 10 and iPhone 20 out there, and it looks like the iPhone 20 might double as a decent weapon or maybe a baseball bat.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/13/iphone-10/

Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
I have the New HTC EVO LTE, and the battery on this phone is much better than my previous EVO, the 1st generation. With heavy use, my first EVO would have to go on the charger halfway during my shift. I took the new EVO to NYC, so I was heavy on the apps (google maps, NYC subway map, phone calls, games, texting..etc), this phone lasted well over 12hours with heavy use. I'm very impressed.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 AM

80 posts, read 146,525 times
Interesting question is how long the iPhone 5 lasts if everything but background data and location services are turned off. Also of course normal use including a few five minute calls a day, SMS or location lookup.

That type of usage with my latest phone (Samsung pocket 5300) has it last nearly as long as my old Nokia, that is 4-5 days. In comparison with the earlier generations of android blowers (I tried an xPeria 10 previously - unusable due to horrible standby hours), it seems they fixed the unacceptable idle battery drain. Now if you fidget around with the phone constantly, or watch a movie of course... the battery will be dead in a few hours.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Well, the OP did mention wishing the screen was larger, so that is one right there.

I was specifically talking about the people who think the iPhone is the absolute greatest thing on the planet. You know, the ones who camp out every year so they can be one of the first to tweet about owning the newest iPhone. To them, a larger (or smaller) form factor would not matter. Sure, Apple would lose some sales if the iPhone grew larger. But, they will retain their core faithful and gain new users who do want more screen real estate. So sales should even out.
I upgrade yearly. I preorder online.

I would not keep buying them if the screen got huge or the device was too large for me to use. I know plenty of people who used to camp out (I've never done it, but I did buy the first iPhone on launch day in 2007) and some of them have moved back and forth between iPhone and various droid devices. I think there are plenty of other devices manufactured by Apple that fans can buy and not need an iPhone. Sooo...Apple does want to keep their fan base.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Don't worry ... there are already pictures of the iPhone 10 and iPhone 20 out there, and it looks like the iPhone 20 might double as a decent weapon or maybe a baseball bat.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/13/iphone-10/
Hahahaha!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
I really don't get people having to have every single version of the iPho....

Quote:
I upgrade yearly. I preorder online.
Er... um....

Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I really don't get people having to have every single version of the iPho....

Er... um....
I don't get people needing to trash one person's choice of phone over another person's choice of phone.

But, I'm not competing with anyone. My phone is for my use and enjoyment alone.

I used to upgrade (AT&T allowed it yearly), then sell my prior version unlocked on Craigslist to pay myself back. My husband took my iPhone 4 to replace his 3GS. Starting last year, we moved the two younger kids to handed down iPhones, so I've not sold one recently.

It's fun to get new phones. They're not terribly expensive.

It's just something I like to do. I'm quite confident there are other people who spend hundreds more on concert tickets every year than I do. I think last year I spent about 180 bucks total on concert tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones