Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 02:05 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times

Advertisements

It's got to be floating around on the internet somewhere. Just download it and install it. Ebay things go for ridiculous amounts, some "guy" sold his virginity for a million dollars or something like that. No one ever paid for it. That was back in the day, you'd get your ad yanked now. In truth, the "guy" probably never existed outside of a picture someone thought was funny and decided to make a ebay ad as a joke. Happens pretty frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 06:02 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Apparently, eBay management stepped in, and deleted a lot of the sold Flappy Bird iPhone listings.

A few days ago, there were several hundred.

Today, there are very few.

And when you try to click on one of the sold listings that still remain, it takes you to an unrelated eBay page about other items for sale.

But there are still are hundreds of brand new listings for iPhones with Flappy Bird on eBay.

And lots more are listed on Craigslist as well.

Yes ... I'm sure many of these were meant as a joke.

But it also looks like some were serious about trying to make a huge profit off this game.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:42 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,083 times
Hey RD nice to see you on these boards.

Its not just iPhones either. I am seeing Android phones on San Diego's Craigslist being sold with Flappy as a main feature.

I would love to ask some of the buyers what makes the game so important as to pay the premium for.

Thanks for sharing

Old 02-23-2014, 05:09 AM

164 posts, read 329,187 times
If anyone is paying for a used android phone just because it has flappy birds on it obviously don't know much since you can download the flappy bird apk fileall over the iInternet and manually install it

Old 02-23-2014, 05:16 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson15 View Post
If anyone is paying for a used android phone just because it has flappy birds on it obviously don't know much
Ya think?

Old 02-23-2014, 10:26 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
I have no doubt that very few transactions for ridiculously overpriced Flappy phones were actually completed. The hype over this is far far bigger than the reality.

A sale is not completed until the item is paid for and the item delivered to the buyer. Craigslist ads are not sales. They are fantasies much of the time.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:10 PM

20 posts, read 31,879 times
man there are some idiots out there...dont people know what pirate downloads are...I bet someone took Flappy Bird and created a torrent on the piratebay or something.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:49 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson15 View Post
If anyone is paying for a used android phone just because it has flappy birds on it obviously don't know much since you can download the flappy bird apk fileall over the iInternet and manually install it
I personally do not care if someone is paying $1 for one of these phones or $10K, it doesn't effect me and hey, if someone has the money....people collect all sorts of weird stuff. It's their lives.

Flappy Bird's Smoke & Mirrors - Is Something Fishy Going On?

28 Days of Fame: The Strange, True Story of 'Flappy Bird'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGamer12345 View Post
man there are some idiots out there...dont people know what pirate downloads are...I bet someone took Flappy Bird and created a torrent on the piratebay or something.
Meh.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:38 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,099,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I have no doubt that very few transactions for ridiculously overpriced Flappy phones were actually completed. The hype over this is far far bigger than the reality.

A sale is not completed until the item is paid for and the item delivered to the buyer. Craigslist ads are not sales. They are fantasies much of the time.
with ebay the first person to do something normally cashes in like the guy who sold an advertisement on his forehead for like 100k but every other person after gets no interest at all or auctions go for pennies. same with flapibird the novelty of it people bid, no transactions were ever actually completed though.

i have a buddy who has flappy bird on a drive for iphone, he's been advertising on CL putting flappy bird on peoples phones for $100 a pop doing pretty well

Old 02-27-2014, 04:07 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
The game is not even fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones