Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:28 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
....sigh....
The C IS a plastic 5. The 5 WAS a flagship.

Can we move on?
I'm sure we can find a phone that was considered to be a flagship at some point with similar specs as his Lucid 2 and say the same thing. To clarify, I'm aware that the 5C is a plastic 5. My issue is with pointing this out and then saying that the Lucid 2 was never a flagship. The fact of the matter is that neither phones were considered flagships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 12:16 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
I really don't want to argue this anymore.
When the Lucid was released it was a mid range phone. It was never considered a flagship.
When the 5 was released it was THE high end phone. When the 5S came out, the 5 was given a plastic case to become the C.
So, other then the plastic case, it was released as a top end phone.
Bottom line: The C is a damn good phone and the OP would be well served by it. And for only $30? It's a good deal.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
When the Lucid was released it was a mid range phone. It was never considered a flagship.
When the 5 was released it was THE high end phone. When the 5S came out, the 5 was given a plastic case to become the C.
Bottom line: The C is a damn good phone and the OP would be well served by it. And for only $30? It's a good deal.
The 5C was never marketed as a high end phone and neither was the Lucid. You can't give 5C the "was" a flagship title just because the previous gen happened to be a flagship without doing the same to the Lucid for a comparable phone.

Bottom line, the 5C was and is not a flagship phone. It has comparable specs to an older flagship phone. The lucid also has comparable specs to older phones that would be considered flagship. That is the only thing they have in common, end of story.

That being said, I'm sure the 5C will be a fine phone -- but personally I believe the 5S is worth the extra money, but if you find no value in a better processor, touch ID, better camera, better design... then get the 5C

Old 09-11-2014, 12:49 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
If you insist on getting an iPhone, then I'd wait until the 6 is officially released to the public. Once it is, there will likely be further price cuts on both the 5s and 5c. However, I'd highly recommend looking at the new Android phones instead as they offer bigger screens, higher display resolutions, more freedom and all around more immersive and innovative experiences. It looks like the LG G2 is free with a contract on Verizon, and that phone offers top-tier specs and a large battery.
The whole thing is w/ the freedom that Android is known for, i never use and really don't care either way. It is great for people who want to customize their phones more, but nothing on my phone is much different than if I reset it back to factory settings (of course excluding pictures) A friend of mine has the LG 2, and I don't deny it is a nice phone, I'm just not sure if it is phone for me.

Quote:

Thank you, that is pretty much what I was hoping to hear. As you can tell from my current phone, I don't need the most high end phone. (My previous phone was the Samsung Charge.... I HATED that phone!) I just want a phone that I can have good apps, has a good camera and is reliable.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty458 View Post
The whole thing is w/ the freedom that Android is known for, i never use and really don't care either way. It is great for people who want to customize their phones more, but nothing on my phone is much different than if I reset it back to factory settings (of course excluding pictures) A friend of mine has the LG 2, and I don't deny it is a nice phone, I'm just not sure if it is phone for me.

Thank you, that is pretty much what I was hoping to hear. As you can tell from my current phone, I don't need the most high end phone. (My previous phone was the Samsung Charge.... I HATED that phone!) I just want a phone that I can have good apps, has a good camera and is reliable.
Then if you want the iPhone, you'll be just fine with the 5C

It's a great phone and reliable with an acceptable camera. Enjoy!

Old 09-11-2014, 01:32 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,451,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
The 5C was never marketed as a high end phone and neither was the Lucid. You can't give 5C the "was" a flagship title just because the previous gen happened to be a flagship without doing the same to the Lucid for a comparable phone.

Bottom line, the 5C was and is not a flagship phone. It has comparable specs to an older flagship phone. The lucid also has comparable specs to older phones that would be considered flagship. That is the only thing they have in common, end of story.

That being said, I'm sure the 5C will be a fine phone -- but personally I believe the 5S is worth the extra money, but if you find no value in a better processor, touch ID, better camera, better design... then get the 5C
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Then if you want the iPhone, you'll be just fine with the 5C

It's a great phone and reliable with an acceptable camera. Enjoy!

I was writing by previous reply when you posted your comment. Glad to hear it's a great phone, however I do want a better camera though. (I'm just being a little bit more stingy right now w/ cost as my hubby and I just moved back to CT and I'm still looking for a job. I had an interview yesterday, and it seemed to go well, so crossing my fingers!)That is one of my main requirements in a phone.

Thanks for the tips!

Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I was writing by previous reply when you posted your comment. Glad to hear it's a great phone, however I do want a better camera though. (I'm just being a little bit more stingy right now w/ cost as my hubby and I just moved back to CT and I'm still looking for a job. I had an interview yesterday, and it seemed to go well, so crossing my fingers!)That is one of my main requirements in a phone.

Thanks for the tips!
I'm waiting to move back to CT as well... I wish you well!

Old 09-11-2014, 06:27 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Quote:

Thanks for the tips!
If the camera is really important then you want the 5s. The 5c camera is okay, but it's not as good as on the 5s.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
My wife has the 5. So she has the same camera as the C. That thing blows my Droid camera out of the water. Every single time it takes better pics then mine. I think you'd be MORE then happy with it.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:20 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times
Agreed. The camera is good. However, if that is something really important than they should know about the 5s, or even other phones, do have even better cameras. It all depends on which feature are most important to them. For me, the 5c camera is more than good enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones