Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 02:30 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
2 things I was hoping for from Apple for the 6: some kind of water resistance and wireless charging.

As for the topic at hand, I have to admit the 6 feels WAY more premium in the hand then the Galaxy does.
It is a nice design. (I'd still go Galaxy though...love all tech but I am diehard Android).
If all Apple has to offer next year is a faster CPU with wireless charging and water resistance I'll be keeping this 128 GB 6+ for another year. I just don't care enough about water resistance due to the fact my phone doesn't need to shower with me. No need for wireless charging either... A plug be it in my car... At work... Or at home is easy to find in the 2 days I have between charges.

As for the topic at hand... I agree. This phone feels ultra premium. My case has rubber bumpered edges and it's a nice feel and grip for my big hands. I can cover the entire screen area one handed although I use both to text... I type 100 wpm on a regular keyboard and am almost as fast on a two thumbed touchscreen.

The screen size is just perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 07:57 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
I really want wireless charging in a phone (mine does not have it). Yea, I have plugs pretty much everywhere and you can still use plugs, I just think it's a neat feature. Agreed, not must have.

Some type of water resistance, though, this I seriously love. My current phone is water resistant and it's so nice to not even have to think twice. Huge deal? Maybe not but if you play Ingress, you use your phone outside a lot.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roject.ingress

Old 10-13-2014, 07:06 AM

I do love how people say "there's no bloatware on Apple products"....
Just because Verizon didn't install an app DOESN'T MEAN that there's no bloatware on your phone.
Newstand anyone? Passbook? Plenty of Apple Bloatware that you cannot remove. There is stuff there you cannot delete, wont use, and uses resources... pretty much the definition o bloatware.
At least on an Android you can disable damn near anything.
At least on ALL modern phones, these things are so damn fast (no phone needs a quad core processor) the bloatware issue isn't as big a deal because it doesn't slow your phone down. ANd more and more companies are including less. Look at Moto hardly including any nowadays on that Moto X.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
samsung/droid >>>> crapple.

all day. everyday.

enjoy your crippleware enabled bigscreens, apple fanbois.
Did you create your City Data forum account just to let us know that?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:54 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
I do love how people say "there's no bloatware on Apple products"....
Just because Verizon didn't install an app DOESN'T MEAN that there's no bloatware on your phone.
Newstand anyone? Passbook? Plenty of Apple Bloatware that you cannot remove. There is stuff there you cannot delete, wont use, and uses resources... pretty much the definition o bloatware.
At least on an Android you can disable damn near anything.
At least on ALL modern phones, these things are so damn fast (no phone needs a quad core processor) the bloatware issue isn't as big a deal because it doesn't slow your phone down. ANd more and more companies are including less. Look at Moto hardly including any nowadays on that Moto X.
Who says you cannot remove those apps? Just plug it to your computer until the iPhone shows on the desktop, then open the iPhone (click on it), go to "apps", then choose the apps you want to remove from the iPhone screens. There are other ways to do it, too.

This is the easiest way:
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ios...-ipad-3459863/
Quote:
Start your iPhone or iPad and go to the Home screen (press the Home button below the screen, or touch all five fingers to the screen and draw them inwards like a claw.) Find the icon for the app you want to delete, and press and hold it for a few seconds. It (and all the other icons on the screen) will start to wobble gently, and a small cross will appear in a grey circle by each. Tap the cross, then confirm you want to delete the app.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Who says you cannot remove those apps?
You can't remove Passbook or Newstand or a couple others without Jailbreaking...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3374681

Old 10-15-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
You can't remove Passbook or Newstand or a couple others without Jailbreaking...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3374681
At least those apps that I never noticed don't interfere with my 128GB of storage.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:53 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
I didn't have a strong allegiance to either, but the Galaxy's universal remote and corresponding "WatchOn" app that allows me to control my TVs, cable boxes, Blu-Ray players, and A/V receivers is my favorite feature. Dunno if Apple has added it to these latest round of phones...

Old 10-15-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I didn't have a strong allegiance to either, but the Galaxy's universal remote and corresponding "WatchOn" app that allows me to control my TVs, cable boxes, Blu-Ray players, and A/V receivers is my favorite feature. Dunno if Apple has added it to these latest round of phones...
Not that I am aware of.... But I do have my iPhone 6+, MB Air and Apple TV all synced via my 802.11ac 2 TB AirPort Time Capsule.

I can pull up movies on iTunes, Netflix etc.... On my phone or laptop and hit a button and it beams it to my TV and the phone/mouse controls work just fine.

I personally love how all my devices sync with ease.

There is no Apple Blue Ray.... But I do have a PS4.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:20 PM

735 posts, read 654,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Nah, they'll add it to their 2016 model and call it "revolutionary".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones