Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:35 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,708,993 times

Advertisements

I agree fanbois are annoying. Love that reply when someone asks for help and some fanboi's all like "Get an Android!!!"
#lame

But the test is legit, I am sure. The standard "run a video on a loop over wifi and see how long the battery lasts". So it's an intense test.

This is really off topic: OP isn't asking which phone to use so can we drop the Android discussion???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,341,304 times
My iPhone 6 gets about 2 days with moderate useage. Hell I unplugged the phone at 7:00am this morning and it's at 96% right now at 11:46am.

Something is definitely wrong!

Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I agree fanbois are annoying. Love that reply when someone asks for help and some fanboi's all like "Get an Android!!!"
#lame

But the test is legit, I am sure. The standard "run a video on a loop over wifi and see how long the battery lasts". So it's an intense test.
Oh so THAT'S what that graph was about.

I'd have never guessed the phone with the largest screen had the shortest battery life in an "intense" test that involved video playback on said screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
My iPhone 6 gets about 2 days with moderate useage. Hell I unplugged the phone at 7:00am this morning and it's at 96% right now at 11:46am.

Something is definitely wrong!
I charged my 6+ last night and unplugged it at 100% when I went to bed... (I use it as a secondary alarm)

I woke up 9 hours later and it was still at 100%. There must be something wrong... don't see how a phone can spend 9 hours on standby without using a single percent of battery.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,708,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Oh so THAT'S what that graph was about.

I'd have never guessed the phone with the largest screen had the shortest battery life in an "intense" test that involved video playback on said screen.

LOL Right?

Quote:
I charged my 6+ last night and unplugged it at 100% when I went to bed... (I use it as a secondary alarm)

I woke up 9 hours later and it was still at 100%. There must be something wrong... don't see how a phone can spend 9 hours on standby without using a single percent of battery.
Why do you unplug it over night? It doesn't hurt the battery to keep it plugged in when it's charged.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
LOL Right?

Quote:
Why do you unplug it over night? It doesn't hurt the battery to keep it plugged in when it's charged.
Yeah I know. Just habit really... I charge it during the day or evening and then give the plug to my iPad or MB Air to charge overnight.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:04 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Since zeppelin171 feels the need to derail every thread with Android fanboi-ism.

Here's the HTC M8 running Windows Phone utterly destroying the HTC M8 running Android. HTC One (M8) for Windows: Crazy name, great phone | Ars Technica

And here's the iPhone 6 and 6+ utterly destroying the Galaxy S5 in every single performance metric except for multithreaded tests, where the S5 just barely manages to eek out a victory. The S5 also managed an extra 23 minutes of browsing over wifi.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus: In deep with Apple

Old 10-13-2014, 07:09 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
iPhones...

MotoX beats 5s nd 6 on battery life and you don't have to look like a lemming.
Attached Thumbnails
iphone 6 question-image.jpg  

Old 10-13-2014, 07:45 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,755,733 times
I am having the same problem with my 6. Used it today for first time and the battery lasted 6 hours with moderate use. Am thinking about returning it.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Since zeppelin171 feels the need to derail every thread with Android fanboi-ism.

Here's the HTC M8 running Windows Phone utterly destroying the HTC M8 running Android. HTC One (M8) for Windows: Crazy name, great phone | Ars Technica

And here's the iPhone 6 and 6+ utterly destroying the Galaxy S5 in every single performance metric except for multithreaded tests, where the S5 just barely manages to eek out a victory. The S5 also managed an extra 23 minutes of browsing over wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I am having the same problem with my 6. Used it today for first time and the battery lasted 6 hours with moderate use. Am thinking about returning it.
Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage

What's the stats?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:05 PM

735 posts, read 655,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Spoiler
I'm just balancing the Apple bias that appears to be rampant in this section.

And what do you expect? Apple phones are running on a basic, restricted operating system. If they had all of the features and functionality of Android phones, they'd most likely get similar scores to something from two years ago. Besides, Galaxy phones are buried under a cumbersome UI overlay. Show me the iPhone 6 beating the OnePlus One or upcoming Nexus 6 and maybe you'll prove something. Oh wait no, you wouldn't be because the Android phone will be able to do all of the things at once on one screen with multiple windows. Can iPhones have multiple windows at once? Tell me, can they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones