Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 09:59 AM

14,514 posts, read 20,726,008 times

Advertisements

I have a ZTE phone that is internet capable. We have a long, dozen comment, text message and we need to save it in a better way than leaving it on the phone. We'd like to forward the text to our email. I was able to login to the email program on Outlook and got a message started and to the point of adding a file. So how to get this long text into a file to be forwarded to email? The phone is ZTE MM8005-1.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 11:02 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,570,671 times
Well on an iPhone you hold your finger on the text and a box pops up giving you the option to copy the text. Then I go to my gmail acct and generate a new message and paste. Then I email that message to our Comcast (primary) account. There might be something similar you can do on your ZTE

Old 12-23-2018, 04:35 PM

I spend close to 30 minutes since there is no owners manual to explain each icon. I opened a text message and clicked on an icon that got me a copy or paste or other choice. I clicked on copy then went to Google to open email box and clicked on an e-mail and finally found forward and then clicked on paste and got nothing. The copy paste failed. There is a folder of files if I could get the text messages as a file. Then open the email and forward and attach the file. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2018, 05:31 PM

6,496 posts, read 10,395,817 times
Don't forget that Google is your friend. You can find a way to do anything by watching a video uploaded by someone, somewhere at some time ........

Old 12-23-2018, 05:40 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,389,155 times
On my Moto Android you simply touch and hold the message in question and a menu appears. One item is forward. I then touch forward, fill in the email address for our main mail and send it. Not obvious that you can use emails as well as phone numbers but you can.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:12 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,634,994 times
Default Google is your friend

I googled an article, but unfortunately it did not work for me using the text app on my LG phone. There are suggestions for third party apps.

Quote:
How to Forward a Text Message to Email
by Patrick Shawn Hearn Updated September 21, 2018

How to Forward Texts Messages to Email on Android
  1. Open your Messages app and select the conversation containing the messages you want to forward.
  2. Tap the message(s) you want to forward and hold until more options appear.
  3. Select the Forward option. This may also appear as an arrow.
  4. Enter the email address you want to send the texts to.
  5. Tap Send.

Due to there being many different Android phones, not all Android devices will have this feature. Some Android devices allow you to select multiple messages at once, while others don't. The stock SMS application also varies from provider to provider, but the Google Play Store has a number of third-party messaging apps (like Handcent or ChompSMS) that make forwarding texts easy.
The Google Play Store also has apps that automatically forward your texts to a pre-established email address with no prompting on your part. If you want to ensure your messages are saved so you can refer back to them later, you might want to look into one of these apps.

One of the most popular of these is Auto Forward SMS for Android. This app is available from the Play Store and gives you the ability to forward all texts from your phone to your email, or just those from specific messages. The app also allows you to forward texts with specific keywords or send notifications when your battery gets low or you miss a call.
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-forw...-email-4174633

Old 12-27-2018, 10:18 AM

295 posts, read 355,285 times
If the app you're using doesn't have the feature you can always quickly install a new one that does. It'll prompt you if want to set the new app as your default messaging app. I have seen no issues switching back and forth. I'm using Textra and just long press, select all messages you want, press "..." button at top right for Options, select Share to Email.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well on an iPhone you hold your finger on the text and a box pops up giving you the option to copy the text. Then I go to my gmail acct and generate a new message and paste. Then I email that message to our Comcast (primary) account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
On my Moto Android you simply touch and hold the message in question and a menu appears. One item is forward.
I was able to get to a menu that has copy, and forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
I googled an article, but unfortunately it did not work for me using the text app on my LG phone. There are suggestions for third party apps.
I'll look into third party apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvaj125 View Post
If the app you're using doesn't have the feature you can always quickly install a new one that does. It'll prompt you if want to set the new app as your default messaging app. I have seen no issues switching back and forth. I'm using Textra and just long press, select all messages you want, press "..." button at top right for Options, select Share to Email.
I'll try Textra.

I just opened a 5 message text thread. Found forward, entered an e-mail address and send and the e-mail never arrives to an email program open on a desktop computer. Google hates Yahoo if I am not mistaken so maybe I try sending it to a Gmail account. There is also Google Play for getting apps.

One is with copy is that there are numerous steps to get Hotmail opened on the phone and trying to locate "new message" (haven't found it yet). I tried to open and existing email and forward and paste the text in that and no luck. This is a low grade phone but it does work. Trying to find the right settings for forwarding text or e-mails are still elusive.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:26 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,589,435 times
i use super sms/contacts backup and transfer the *.txt file to my p.c.:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up.smscontacts

Old 12-27-2018, 11:39 AM

We got a feedback message: The destination email address is not in the correct format. Please correct the format and try again.

Well I thought ABC123@yahoo.com was the proper format.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones