Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 AM

82 posts, read 278,522 times

Advertisements

The main phone I'm interested in right now is the LG enV2. Does anyone have this phone and have a strong opinion one way or the other? I'd really be interested in opinions of anyone who lives in the sticks who has this phone to see how it works.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Only Verizon phones though, I'm not looking to switch. GSM based phones do not work at my home due to spotty coverage, but I can get a much better CDMA signal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 01:09 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
I use Amazon for reviews. The probability of someone else on here having the same exact phone is slim.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:30 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
I have the LG enV2; bought it back in the summer when my other phone broke. I've had a plethora of mobile phones, and this one is my favorite. I have traveled with it in NC and all over VA with no problems. Sending picture text can get buggy sometimes if the signal isn't strong, but that's been true of all my phones. However, I've never had a problem with calls and regular texts, even in the mountains.

I'm a little rough on phones. I've dropped this one twice, and it is still working like new.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:32 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,130,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I use Amazon for reviews. The probability of someone else on here having the same exact phone is slim.
Normally, I would agree. But, this is a really popular phone.

A good resource for mobile service and phones is Phone Dog.

cell phone comparison, long distance plans, cell phone providers rates, services, plans comparison | PhoneDog.com

Old 11-29-2008, 07:03 PM

65 posts, read 133,510 times
This month's Consumer Reports is on cell phones. The top 4 choices, in order, for Verizon were the LG Dare, the Samsung Glyde, the LG Chocolate, and the LG enV2.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
I do not recommend Samsung SCH-U740 it was a good phone for the first year but now I am having so many issues.

My partner just got a new phone and first they went with LG Dare and without even using it the battery needed to be charge by the end of the day.
So they switch to the LG enV2. This is so much better phone

Old 12-04-2008, 01:28 PM

82 posts, read 278,522 times
Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and bought the LG enV2. I can talk inside my house and we live in a rural area. It is a nice phone, good call quality.

The only thing that bugged me was it was making calls randomly in my pocket due to the fact that just pressing the OK key unlocks the phone, then other random keys could dial a number, or easier yet, the last dialed number. I checked into it and a new SW upgrade has a 2 key lock (Ok, then CLR) so the odds of random dialing are slimmer. If you have one of these phones, you need SW version V06 to get the upgrade. You have to go to the store to get it, it can't be done OverTheAir.

I would have been more impressed with a 4 key sequence to unlock, but this is better than what was there.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:50 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshack View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I went ahead and bought the LG enV2. I can talk inside my house and we live in a rural area. It is a nice phone, good call quality.

The only thing that bugged me was it was making calls randomly in my pocket due to the fact that just pressing the OK key unlocks the phone, then other random keys could dial a number, or easier yet, the last dialed number. I checked into it and a new SW upgrade has a 2 key lock (Ok, then CLR) so the odds of random dialing are slimmer. If you have one of these phones, you need SW version V06 to get the upgrade. You have to go to the store to get it, it can't be done OverTheAir.

I would have been more impressed with a 4 key sequence to unlock, but this is better than what was there.
Make sure you try to use it a lot. My son & I were talking about it last night, he says everyone he knows with that phone has issues with it. He has the model before it and is having issues with various things.

We have the Voyager, my hubby is currently using it (it's my daughters) and hates the touch screen part of it. After a week of using it, he's almost ready to let her have it back but she doesn't want it either.

She's currently using the Blitz and says it's ok - she wants a Blackberry Curve.

I have a MotoQ which I like. It used to be my daughters, I gave her my upgrade since I had no clue what I wanted. I knew I wanted a qwerty keyboard. Verizon just replaced it for me and now that I have a working phone (she trashed the other one) I do like it but might be looking to upgrade.

I was looking at the Samsung Saga and might try that.

We were looking at the Blackberry Storm in the store and couldn't get some things to work right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones