Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:08 PM

65 posts, read 206,208 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Bluffton. Semi retiring i guess you can call it, im 49 he's 59 our friends are moving to Sun City in Jan. a few questions, how is the job market, hubby is self employed network admin and I am an accountant. Have been looking at jobs in Savannah and Charleston, dont have a problem with a 30 min. commute. Also checking out houses, University Park has some nice homes, seems like they are all foreclosed or short sales. what communities should i stay away from, another words half developed and the builder is gone. also pros and cons to the area....any input would be great. we are gonna take a few days next month and check out the area, any suggestions on where to stay.. soo confused on a 55+ or a nice developement..we currently live in a community now in the Poconos's..so believe me i do know the politics and hoa and assesment fee's budget on the house is $150,000 would like community with pool....not concerened with school districts,,,,we only have our Westie "lola". just a nice quiet area, wooded would be nice, noticed they plowed down all the trees on the newer developments... any input would be great...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 06:09 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
We have good friends who live in Charleston. If you would like some
good and honest information about the area and real estate, send me a
DM and I will be glad to send you his email address.

Good luck !

Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 10,902 times
I am curious. Am also considering Bluffton. Did you move there?

Old 09-05-2010, 08:43 AM

no not yet....as you know the housing market is a buyers market...good for us in SC, not good in PA. waiting for something to happen....

Old 09-06-2010, 08:38 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Marge Murray at Coldwell Banker Platinum Partners in Bluffton is an outstanding real estate agent. She's the top producer in her office. She listens. She's smart. She's thorough, business -like and very efficient. She doesn't waste your time or hers showing you places that will end up being a waste of time. She knows Bluffton and the Hilton Head area like the back of her hand. I would recommend looking her up. She is the best real estate agent by far I have ever worked with and there have been many, over the years. Search Results Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC

I thought at one time that I was going to end up buying in Bluffton because you can get so much more house for your money there and the streets are safer with sidewalks and bike paths unlike in Charleston or Mt. Pleasant (except for downtown). The ocean seems more pristine there and the beaches nicer on Hilton Head in many respects.

If Bluffton doesn't work and you end up in Beaufort, her husband can help you.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:00 PM

180 posts, read 406,339 times
We are moving to Del Webb The Haven in Bluffton in 2011. It is a smaller development than Sun City. Age-restricted housing is all about the community, not about the house. All the Del Webb models offer whatever you want for retirement. The other Bluffton neighbohoods are nice, some luxurious, but many are plaqued with failing golf courses for which you pay. We want to be with the over 55 crowd, yet live in a nice 2,000 sq.ft. house.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:34 PM

19 posts, read 75,887 times
Did You consider the Riverbend Community?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:44 AM

No I'll have to check it out, thanks for the info.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM

46 posts, read 118,922 times
OldCavalier-I'm interested if you moved to The Haven in Bluffton, and if so, how are you settling in and if it is all you expected. We're considering it and planning to go to view it in a few months, but any info you can give would be most helpful. We're interested in community activities/amenities, meeting great people and making friends. Thank you!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 12,106 times
Default Moving to Sun City Hilton Head

Hello,
My husband and I are in Dayton OH and will be closing on a 2400 sq ft home in Sun City Hilton Head next week. It's very exciting! We looked at Riverbend but felt it was too isolated for our taste. We were lucky enough to find a property that has neighbors only on one side, none across or in the back - only woods and lagoons. This community was love at first site. Life is too short - go for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area