Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 09:00 AM

14 posts, read 20,730 times

Advertisements

I have been reading lots of posts on the Summerville/MtP area (some are older posts) but wanted to ask for opinions on the areas between Knightsville and Summerville (south of Central Ave) depicted in the map below - is this a safe area? Likelihood of a rental? We are coming to the area in March to see what we think of moving there. we have 2 8-yr olds. Thanks!

Don't mind the "A" on the map - it was a house for sale...

Attached Thumbnails
Potentially moving to Summerville/Mt P-summerville1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 10:08 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
My house is about two inches west and slightly north of the 'A' and I think it is a safe area to live in, I have lived there since '93...

Old 01-07-2011, 07:11 PM

48 posts, read 94,552 times
Moved here in May. Just bought a house about 1 minute from your little A on the map and we like it a lot here. Far enough away from the hussle and bustle of Charleston, yet close enough to everything you need here in Summerville. I like thefact that I head 5 minutes west and I am in the "country". Yet go 5 minutes east and have all the necessary shopping I need.

We feel safe as it gets. All my neighbors are nice as can be etc...

The only draw back is the drive into Charleston. I work at the Weapon's Station and it can take some time to get back and forth.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Nice area if you don't do "the city" regularly...almost jealouse, OTC... but ya can't have it all. Prioritize, defarrelly. And know thyself. You sound like you've got it together. Good luck!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM

OTC - What do you think of Myers Mill?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM

I don't live there, but I think they are too close together for my liking......

I miss spoke up above, I am east for the 'A' and slightly north.......

Old 01-11-2011, 12:28 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,139 times
I also live just above the "A" and I work downtown. And I'm still very happy with my location choice!

Although the drive can be a bit tedious, it's worth it to me to be able to enjoy everything the city has to offer on a daily basis and yet I can escape to a country setting and enjoy that as well. For me, it's the best of both worlds so I'll gladly accept the longer drive and extra mileage on my car.

And I feel it is a very safe area for my family.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,139 times
Although I should mention, the country-like setting is starting to fade at bit since moving here 5 years ago.

I'm amazed at how quickly the area has grown...

Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 AM

Thanks OTC and Imperieux! I can't wait to get over in March. We have been living in Ireland going on 4 years now and thinking of moving back to the states in the summer. My husband says Florida is too hot to go back to but he doesn't want really cold winters either! SC seems like a good spot for us. He would like a townhouse on a golf course but we really want to keep housing costs down. We have 2 8-yr olds who really want to get a dog so I think we will have to settle on a small house with a yard! Are the public allowed to play golf in some of these golf communities in Summerville or is it only for residents of the community?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 AM

Yes most of them are open to the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area