Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

It's not just the USA -- the same thing is circulating in Canada....so it is 'International'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 08:53 AM

486 posts, read 997,024 times
Like I said, just putting it out there for those who are interested. Nothing more.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 AM

764 posts, read 1,598,174 times
The administration only needs to make a couple of comments such as tapping into the Strategic Oil Reserves and allowing for full scale drilling in ANWAR.

Combine that with our economy entering the second part of a double dip (we are there) recession and voila', the price of crude will drop like a rock - remember August/September of 2008?

The speculators will be burned again.....

Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Like I said, just putting it out there for those who are interested. Nothing more.
I understand, and I don't want you to think I'm picking on you. It's just I feel like these types of protests are misguided because they are sending out false information. If it were just a matter of stating "we're refusing to buy gas on X day in protest of prices" that would be one thing, but these stories being passed around are making false claims about how they haven been effective in the past. You'll get people that may feel like they have done their part by refusing to buy gas on a certain date because they don't understand how ineffective it is, so they may ignore a more meaningful type of protest down the line.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 AM

I'm not offended. But why would people who do this ignore a more important thing down the road? I would think just the opposit.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:57 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
I'm not offended. But why would people who do this ignore a more important thing down the road? I would think just the opposit.
Well, a lot of humans are just a bit lazy. Id be the first to admit that I have my own lazy days. I have on occasion declined volunteer spots on my kids various (and MANY) booster club events because in my head a little voice says "you did it last time, it's someone else's turn". Maybe it's just me, and everyone else is more socially responsible than I am. Of course there are those people who get so involved they do everything they can, but I don't believe they are the majority.
I just think the energy spent on these gass out days could be put to better use.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 AM

I'm with you on that. I don't always do as much as I would like to either. Don't worry about offeding me, I feel everyone's entitled to their opinions. This S.C. blog is downright polite compared to others I've seen. We are looking to relocate to the Charleston area but currently still live on Long Island. I posted a similiar post to this original post on the L.I. thread also. If you want a good laugh, go look it up, it's pretty funny as long as you don't take it seriously.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 AM

88 posts, read 185,117 times
Default drill baby drill

the oil is there/ the clown in the White House just doesn't get it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area