Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:48 AM

315 posts, read 623,551 times

Advertisements

What a GREAT image for our cities (sarcasm).

The Charleston County area, including historic downtown, blue collar north area, and snobbish, delusional stuck up snooty East Cooper (that includes you Mt P) is among the nations drunkest metro areas.

What a source of pride. 17.8% of area residents considered themselves "heavy drinkers".

Of course....living here, I'm not shocked. I see the grown, 40 year old men who wanna act like 21 year old frat boys. Getting wasted at happy hour, bragging to young 18 year old girls about "my boat" and inviting them out (of course, the wife wont know). Wear the Charleston-man-mandatory visor, tucked in polo shirt with khaki shorts, croakies, sandals, a belt (with fish patterns on the belt) and, most important of all, the "raccoon" tan line. Smelling men and women with beer on their breathe at the grocery store or gas station...at 11am on a Teusday.

Yep. Beer is as important to Charleston residents as....well, as anything. We are, shamefully, one of America's drunkest cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 12:04 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
What a GREAT image for our cities (sarcasm).

The Charleston County area, including historic downtown, blue collar north area, and snobbish, delusional stuck up snooty East Cooper (that includes you Mt P) is among the nations drunkest metro areas.

What a source of pride. 17.8% of area residents considered themselves "heavy drinkers".

Of course....living here, I'm not shocked. I see the grown, 40 year old men who wanna act like 21 year old frat boys. Getting wasted at happy hour, bragging to young 18 year old girls about "my boat" and inviting them out (of course, the wife wont know). Wear the Charleston-man-mandatory visor, tucked in polo shirt with khaki shorts, croakies, sandals, a belt (with fish patterns on the belt) and, most important of all, the "raccoon" tan line. Smelling men and women with beer on their breathe at the grocery store or gas station...at 11am on a Teusday.

Yep. Beer is as important to Charleston residents as....well, as anything. We are, shamefully, one of America's drunkest cities.
One more reason I miss Charleston.....LOL

Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 PM

482 posts, read 845,495 times
Atleast there is 11 ahead of us

Old 12-31-2011, 06:42 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingping View Post
Atleast there is 11 ahead of us
Singular..as in only one..as in there is one ahead of us.

Plural..as in more then one...as in there are 2 or more (11) ahead of us.

This after a few drinks....so some of us (not we) can hold our liquor.

There are more old drunks drinking then there old doctors telling you not to drink...so set us up another round of drinks....LOL

Happy New Year.......

Old 01-07-2012, 07:44 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accufitgolf View Post
Singular..as in only one..as in there is one ahead of us.

Plural..as in more then one...as in there are 2 or more (11) ahead of us.

This after a few drinks....so some of us (not we) can hold our liquor.

There are more old drunks drinking then there old doctors telling you not to drink...so set us up another round of drinks....LOL

Happy New Year.......
In your nifty little grammar policing here did you mean "then there ARE old..."?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Default All we are saying

Eh, Roxy,
Did'ja mean "than" not "then" if ya wanna be gramatically correct ... I'll drink to ... whatever!

Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyeaux View Post
Eh, Roxy,
Did'ja mean "than" not "then" if ya wanna be gramatically correct ... I'll drink to ... whatever!
That wasn't my sentence I was quoting, silly.
My grammar isn't always perfect, but I guess I'd be pretty careful not to make a mistake while correcting someone else. Guess my editing skills aren't all that great either. Sigh

Old 01-08-2012, 10:08 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Who is noticing grammar? Everyone in Charleston is drunk, lol.

<<Now, where is my clamato juice>> . . . Time for another Bloody Mary, y'all. Cheers!

Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 AM

315 posts, read 623,551 times
Today's paper, announcement that the Recovery Room, a bar downtown for the local alcoholics, college d-bags, attorneys on lunch break, and typical Charleston males, has been named the #2 national seller of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Finished #2 behind a bar in New York City. The article cites patrons who are so proud and say they strive to overtake #1.

Wow. Way to be proud Charleston. #2 seller of PBR in America.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass08 View Post
Today's paper, announcement that the Recovery Room, a bar downtown for the local alcoholics, college d-bags, attorneys on lunch break, and typical Charleston males, has been named the #2 national seller of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Finished #2 behind a bar in New York City. The article cites patrons who are so proud and say they strive to overtake #1.

Wow. Way to be proud Charleston. #2 seller of PBR in America.
Can't figure out if you are protesting the fact that so much beer is consumed in one bar or if you think it is embarrassing only b/c the beer that is consumed is PBR. Would it make you feel better if they were consuming Yuengling or Blue Moon or Stella Artois at the same rate? LOL

You seem to be quite scornful of "Charleston males." What's that all about - or do you just not like their beer palate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area