Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:36 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times

Advertisements

I consider Mt Pleasant to be quite young. A lot of younger families with children. I'm in the process of looking for and purchasing a farm in the Meggett/Wadmawlaw area. Now, out there, I did notice quite a few more of the older generation. So, I do not agree with Mt Pleasant being of the older generation.

I actually like the roundabouts. They make traffic move a little smoother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 06:03 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
Default haaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sam Ritt....is no more in the city than 17 is. And the only reason is is 35 right now is because of the construction.

I don't know -- there are more old people at the Costco in West Ashley than I have seen in any area anywhere in the Charleston area. Those retirees like them some free samples!. I've been a Costco/Price Club shopper for over 30 years and have never seen one that has so many grey hairs shopping.
Well, this made me laugh! You are right! I was wrong there are many young people in Mt. P. It just the state of mind there is different than other areas, a bit more rigid and straight laced. I have to agree with Seabass on some things!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

I actually like the roundabouts. They make traffic move a little smoother.
as long as the people on driving them understand them. Alot of them in my opinion end up like a parking lot of a mall during xmas, and 4 cars pull up to an intersection and there are no stop signs, all stop, no one knows who goes, someone goes, someone is pissed off, two cars go, all in all traffic doesn't flow.

Just my opinions of roundabouts in newer neighborhoods.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Traffic Circles beat four way stops -- nobody knows when to go -- or traffic lights. Honestly -- is there anything worse than sitting at a light for 3 minutes at 9;00 pm at night when nobody is on the road. Don't hate the circle -- hate the folks that don't know how to use them!

Old 02-07-2012, 07:57 AM

3,256 posts, read 5,280,593 times
Quote:
Traffic Circles beat four way stops -- nobody knows when to go -- or traffic lights. Honestly -- is there anything worse than sitting at a light for 3 minutes at 9;00 pm at night when nobody is on the road. Don't hate the circle -- hate the folks that don't know how to use them!
exactly

Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Actually traffic circles move traffic faster. None of that sitting at a red light when there is no traffic....or sitting at a red light that takes forever.
++

Seriously, it drives me nuts when I come up to a red light in the middle of the night I'd like to take a left turn at and you stop there, and just wait...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area