Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 07:09 PM

6 posts, read 14,251 times

Advertisements

Hi! We're coming next week for a visit. Just looked at the weather forecast and it's a little scary. Anyone with insight? Are we talking all day rain or Florida-style summer afternoon rain? Thanks, y'all for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
Mostly afternoon popup thunder storms, they are just for Florida, usually start about 3:30~4:00 and done by 8:00....

Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,050,079 times
Yeah, we've had pop up afternoon storms like every afternoon lately. Sometimes around lunchtime too... seems like it's rained a lot these days. But, Charleston is a great place even when it rains. I hope you have fun on your visit!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:36 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,297,076 times
Nina,
It's been different this year ... I don't recall this Florida-like phenomenon here in the summers ... but it is happening now ... I witness noon pourdown in West Ashley and 4 pm rain almost all around Charleston ... keep trying to deny the pattern, but it's been real for the last few weeks. HOWEVER, it is not ugly ... Charleston just isn't ugly ... well, unless there's unrelentless sunshine! Come and enjoy.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
Yeah, we've had pop up afternoon storms like every afternoon lately. Sometimes around lunchtime too... seems like it's rained a lot these days. But, Charleston is a great place even when it rains. I hope you have fun on your visit!
JINX! I said it before I saw PP07's post!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,080 times
It will be partly touresty becoming increasingly touresty later in the week. :sly:

Bring an umbrella for dinnertime. It won't hamper a thing.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
It will be partly touresty becoming increasingly touresty later in the week. :sly:

Bring an umbrella for dinnertime. It won't hamper a thing.
So well said, rory! Enjoyed it!

Old 06-28-2013, 05:50 AM

6 posts, read 14,251 times
Thanks, you all. Can't wait to get there. Promise not to be too "touristy!" Love your
sweet home!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:07 AM

332 posts, read 398,271 times
We just visited and the weather showed rain all week but it was pretty nice weather. We did have bad weather trying to fly out 2 days ago but that was it. Its very tropical there and hot all day whether its sunny or cloudy.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,635 times
There's a clip from Good Morning Vietnam I like to use when someone asks me about the weather here ...

weather.wav (438K)
Cronauer: Now, here's the weather, we're going to go right to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt. Roosevelt, how's it goin'?
Funny voice: Adrian, I'm with somebody! Don't ever come here and bother me right now!
Cronauer: Well thanks, Roosevelt. Can't you give us a little weather?
Funny voice: Not now, man! I'm on the balcony, man, I'm tryin' to score! Back off!!
Cronauer: Well, what's the weather like?
Funny voice: You got a window? OPEN IT!
Cronauer: Thank you, Roosevelt! We'll just have to go to someone else for the weather. I guess we'll have to go all the way to Washington, Weather Central, with Walter Cronkite. Walter, what's the weather like?
Fake Walter Cronkite voice: I just want to begin by saying to Roosevelt E. Roosevelt...what it is, what it shall be, what it was. Weather out there today is hot and ****ty, with continued hot and ****ty in the afternoon. Tomorrow, a chance of continued crappy weather, ***sy weather, front coming down from the north. Basically, it's hotter than a snake's **s.....

NEVER gets old .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area