Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:15 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,333,322 times

Advertisements

Well I lost my cell phone today, I took trash and debris from replacing the flooring in the living room to the dump and when I stopped for gas I put my phone on the tool box lid of my truck box. Didn't realize it until about 3 hours later when I went to find it before work. Started searching all over and retracing my foot steps and couldn't find it.

Called Verizon and the tech told me that I had to have their app downloaded and activated before I lost the phone so I could track it so that wasn't any good. Did a google search on lost phones, found an App called Plan B, It is for those who have lost their phone and did not have a tracking app already, it automatically downloads the app to your phone remotely then sends you emails to the Gmail account for the phone, with a google maps link to where you phone is....

Well evidently someone picked up the phone after it had been run over and took it to the verizon store and I was able to track it to there, emailed the wife from work, about 30 minutes later she called me at work, on a coworker's phone, and told me that Verizon just called and they had my phone....

In the end the app worked and we have what's left of my phone back, now to order my third phone, second replacement, for the year....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,941,491 times
Those wonderful folks of the south

Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,593,953 times
My other half lost his phone while visiting his mother in Florida. He went back to the store where he lost it and the guy said he didn't find it. I have been calling the number and the person who has it shut the phone off. I even sent a text on the phone hoping the person would return it. Unfortunately, it is a pay as you go phone and I never registered it online, so there is nothing we can do. I am glad that someone turned your phone into Verizon, even if you need a new one.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM

Lets put a kickstarter campaign together for Caaaaaaaals new phone!
He could get an iPhone!

Old 07-20-2013, 10:25 PM

Or you could have a rooftop party, I vote for the party

Old 07-20-2013, 11:05 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,333,322 times
Sorry Tom, I don't do iJunk....

Old 07-21-2013, 04:40 AM

Oh, I'm sure. The iPhone is for people who just want to push the button and have it work, you very clearly like to tinker with things. I do in most cases, just not a cell phone

The iPhone idea was for Mini's other half

Old 07-21-2013, 08:40 AM

58 posts, read 86,175 times
Galaxy 4!! I have the 3 now....I love it

Old 07-21-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTeacherYa'll View Post
Galaxy 4!! I have the 3 now....I love it
Hee hee, don't worry... I'm not an iPhone promoter. Almost everyone in my world uses something other than an iPhone including family members. In a nutshell, my phone has yet to be outdone by any of theirs, and quite often mine is faster at it too. I've just had one since the three series and am simply unwilling to learn a new one. Their phones are very cool, just not enough for me to change.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:15 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,667 times
I left my ipad in a bathroom in Summerville a couple years ago and by the time I realized it, it was gone.....forever. I was kicking myself for that pricey mistake. It was like Christmas in July for someone. Karma didn't pay me back because we've found phones and credit cards...always doing right.

My son left his phone on a rock in Maine last week (at a tourist's spot on the rocky shore). When we returned to look for it, it was still there.

I've come to learn that it isn't where you lose things (north, south, east or west), it is more about who happens upon it.

Happy to hear that you got your phone back....wish it had not been damaged though.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area