Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 AM

13 posts, read 22,926 times

Advertisements

My finace & I will be down this week from New York & would love recommendations on neighborhoods in Summerville to visit. We will be moving down in May/June of next year & really want to get a feel for the area. We will be renting with a budget of $1600/month. We need a 4 bedroom & have 3 kids who will be 11, 11 & 2 when we come down next year. Looking for neighborhoods that have a community pool and lots of children for them to play with & ride their bikes. We also want to be in the Dorchester II school distrcit. We would also like to be within 15 minutes of grocery stores, r[SIZE=3]estaurants [/SIZE]& shops. Any advice as to neighborhoods that suit our needs would be great! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 09:31 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,321,831 times
Hmm, the complexes I'm familiar with are all maxed out at 3 bedrooms.

Silvana Oaks-North-charleston
The Legends at Charleston Park Apartments
Summerville Apartments | Avana at Wescott Plantation | Summerville, SC
Kilnsea Village Apts-Summerville

Might be best to look into renting a house with 4 bedrooms.

Houses for Rent in Summerville SC - 26 Homes - Zillow

Not all of Summerville is Dorchester II. Some of Ladson and North Charleston are Dorchester II. Just things to keep in mind when you're browsing.

Post addresses of ones that look good to you and I'm sure people can speak about the neighborhoods.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:34 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,947,366 times
I found our rental by googling rental listings for Summerville (which include school district), then googling the websites for neighborhoods of the appealing listings, then looking at maps and street views, and finally I came here for local opinion/info. In the meantime, my husband visited twice to get a really good feel for the area. One thing to keep in mind is that if priced right, nice homes in good locations aren't listed for long before being snatched up, so when the time comes, you need to be ready to jump on one if you really want it. Good luck!

Old 08-11-2014, 10:27 AM

We are definitely looking to rent a house... That is where we have started MinkeyM. It is so overwhelming when you are moving somewhere that you do not know much about. We will browse around this week and see what areas appeal to us. Then check back here for some local insight! Thank you!

Old 08-11-2014, 11:29 AM

1,388 posts, read 1,947,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf3Girls1019 View Post
We are definitely looking to rent a house... That is where we have started MinkeyM. It is so overwhelming when you are moving somewhere that you do not know much about. We will browse around this week and see what areas appeal to us. Then check back here for some local insight! Thank you!
Consider yourself lucky... I had only about two months notice, soup to nuts, about this move. I'm here packing and disposing of 5,000 square feet of stuff, and still can't wrap my head around the fact that two weeks from now I'll be unpacking in a house and town I've never seen in person!
And it gets better... Because of moving logistics, we're sending our two teens down there before us to start school, stay at a local inn, and be looked after by an aunt and uncle who are driving up to Summerville from Florida to help us out before we get there.
Talk about flying by the seat of your pants!

Old 08-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Yikes!!!! Life wouldn't be fun if it wasn't an adventure, right?! Good luck to all of you!

Old 08-11-2014, 03:06 PM

27 posts, read 56,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf3Girls1019 View Post
Yikes!!!! Life wouldn't be fun if it wasn't an adventure, right?! Good luck to all of you!
We always fly by the seat of our pants hun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area