Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 07:53 AM

11 posts, read 13,834 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be moving to the Charleston area next summer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to secure a physical therapist position? Will we need to relocate first, or are there perhaps some other options we've not yet considered? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, we are counting down the days and can't wait. This will be my first and only winter in New York. I lived in California for fifty years and now I really understand what it means to talk about the weather!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 01:00 PM

859 posts, read 1,362,759 times
I think it would depend on what kind of PT your wife is interested in - there are so many areas for her to choose from - home health, private 'clinics', rehabs in hospitals. If you could narrow it down, perhaps we can give more specific answers.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:41 PM

She is currently a pediatric PT working in a clinic and home care setting. She works with kids 0-5 years old. She's had experience in adult settings also, but prefers peds.

We have considered a traveling PT organization if she doesn't find something right away. She has been a PT for about thirty years.

Thank you Caili for any help you can provide.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:14 AM

207 posts, read 445,545 times
Hi
I am a PT who moved here 2 years ago. When I started applying for jobs from North Carolina, I only was called to interview for 2 jobs (my experience is home health geriatrics, acute rehab and orthopedics). For comparison, we lived in Charlotte nc and I was called for 15 jobs there when we moved there. My company just hired a PT from Virginia who had peds experience and she told me she had a hard time finding a job and ended up switching to geriatrics because she couldn't find a job in peds

Old 11-29-2014, 11:36 AM

She is now opening herself up to various types of PT positions. We have moved up our desired time to move to the Spring. I will be able to work immediately and we figured it would be far better for her if we are already living in the Charleston area. We determined that with all the money we will save simply by making the move, we will have a window of over a year for her to find a job, if necessary.

Her son works at Trader Joe's in Scarsdale, NY and hopefully will be able to transfer to the Mt Pleasant store. SC already feels more like home. Again, thanks for all who have responded...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area