Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2016, 08:48 AM

29 posts, read 35,609 times

Advertisements

Hi, we're in the process of closing in CP. We want to put up a fence asap. I know it has to be OK with the homeowners assoc. From what I understand it can be metal (alum or steel) or wood (painted specific color black). I'm thinking about metal and was planning on using Home Depot because they have two years 0% on new cardholders first purchase. I have a couple of questions; has anyone recently put up a metal fence in any Section (not just CP), what size (in yards) did you put up and what did you pay? Has anyone used Home Depot for fence and installation? Are their prices fair? Any help anyone could give me about fences in general would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 10:13 AM

14,251 posts, read 14,745,966 times
JG

Be sure you follow the HOA Rules & Regulations concerning any fence. I would want written approval to prevent any issues down the road.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:16 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,011,018 times
Be careful with Home Depot. When we first moved to CP, we drove around and knocked on doors of people whose fences we liked.

One of our neighbors had Home Depot build his fence and he said he ran into all kinds of issues. First they built the fence outside of his property line, then on top of his irrigation spigots. So there were multiple re-dos. Some of the boards they used were very poor quality - had gouges in them, etc. - and had to be replaced. And he said the most frustrating part was they were non-responsive, and he had to fight to get things right. He's still trying to get fixes done. They also did not work properly with the HOA and he had a tangle of paperwork.

As to costs, we got quotes from David Weekly - For aluminum - $26 per linear foot for a 4' fence, and an additional $412 for the gate. For wood, $23 per linear foot, and $320 for the gate.

We also checked with Fencecrafters, as they have great reviews and I liked a lot of the fences on their website. We had decided on wood, so only checked those prices. $18/foot to install and $10/foot to paint. $150 for each gate.

We ended up delaying having the fence done so I can't comment on the work either DW or Fencecrafters does. If you are not already on Next Door, I would sign up (free). CP uses this app a lot, and everyone is super helpful. Many people have requested the same type of info. you are regarding prices, and people will not only give you pricing but invite you to their home to see their fence!

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 12-06-2016, 10:07 AM

515 posts, read 482,483 times
Seems like a lot of people like Carolina Fence Company | Commercial and Residential Fences | Charleston SC

I can also ask my neighbors, as almost all of the people around me used the same company. Looks like they did a good job, and they were reasonable.

Old 12-06-2016, 04:43 PM

29 posts, read 35,609 times
Thanks for the info everyone !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area