Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 03:12 PM

2,312 posts, read 2,958,651 times

Advertisements

To my knowledge it's only Triangle head snakes that are poisonous right? I one of the few exceptions is the coral snake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 07:30 AM

859 posts, read 1,362,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
I know this is a P&C link, so it will be viewed as a liberal conspiracy to spread, you know, facts and stuff. But, I'm going out on a limb and hoping for the best. You don't need to kill them. Just let them be:

http://sponsored.postandcourier.com/...rotection-too/

Absolutely agree with not killing nonpoisonous snakes. They eat all sorts of other unlovely critters you do NOT want hanging around your house!

Old 02-24-2017, 10:21 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
To my knowledge it's only Triangle head snakes that are poisonous right? I one of the few exceptions is the coral snake.
There are snakes with a triangular head that are not venomous. It's a poor indicator to use.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:05 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I had a visitor thanks to the warmer weather we've been having. It scared me to death. What kind is it? No matter what kind, they all scare me equally.
Not to split hairs, but if the snake had truly scared you to death it would still be alive.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Not to split hairs, but if the snake had truly scared you to death it would still be alive.
Ummmmmmm no. haha. You can split hairs all you want. I thought it was alive so it scared me to death. Even dead ones scare me to death. I can't look at them in magazines or internet or else I'll have horrible nightmares.

Y'all would probably hate me in the summer. I step on spiders, ants, waterbugs, flies, roaches, ...most any bug. I have actually heard of some people seeing ants in the house and putting these on a piece of paper and putting them outside.

If I see what looks like a live snake that looks to be poisonous to me and a few feet away from me and my home, I will get in the car and run over it until I know it's dead. I'd always wonder if it could slither in my home or on my porches. Now if it were a black snake or green snake, I'd jump when seeing it and still be scared to death, but I wouldn't go to the trouble of killing it.

Carry on in telling me I'm an animal killer. Report me to animal control. Tell me I need to learn my snakes so I know what's poisonous and what's not. I ain't going to get close enough to a snake to study it. I'm running the opposite direction. Only reason why I studied the snake I posted is because I knew it was dead already and I still stood far from it to take the pic. Pic posted was zoomed. Carry on..........

Old 02-24-2017, 01:51 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,427 times
Quote:
Ummmmmmm no. haha. You can split hairs all you want. I thought it was alive so it scared me to death. Even dead ones scare me to death. I can't look at them in magazines or internet or else I'll have horrible nightmares.

Y'all would probably hate me in the summer. I step on spiders, ants, waterbugs, flies, roaches, ...most any bug. I have actually heard of some people seeing ants in the house and putting these on a piece of paper and putting them outside.

If I see what looks like a live snake that looks to be poisonous to me and a few feet away from me and my home, I will get in the car and run over it until I know it's dead. I'd always wonder if it could slither in my home or on my porches. Now if it were a black snake or green snake, I'd jump when seeing it and still be scared to death, but I wouldn't go to the trouble of killing it.

Carry on in telling me I'm an animal killer. Report me to animal control. Tell me I need to learn my snakes so I know what's poisonous and what's not. I ain't going to get close enough to a snake to study it. I'm running the opposite direction. Only reason why I studied the snake I posted is because I knew it was dead already and I still stood far from it to take the pic. Pic posted was zoomed. Carry on..........
It's called an irrational fear for a reason, so I really wasn't giving you a huge ration of ---.

But I do have an irrational love for reptiles so I was compelled to comment.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:04 PM

7 posts, read 5,885 times
Quote:
I had a visitor thanks to the warmer weather we've been having. It scared me to death. What kind is it? No matter what kind, they all scare me equally.

Looks like a corn snake to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area