Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:07 PM

482 posts, read 845,495 times

Advertisements

The entire state of NJ is literally transferring to Charleston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 07:11 PM

480 posts, read 504,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeris506 View Post
the keeping up with the Joneses attitude of the tri-state area
I love it here but it's called Mount Plastic for a reason. Plenty of keeping up with the Joneses.
It sounds like North Mount Pleasant is what your looking for.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:28 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,011,018 times
Take a look at Carolina Park - The Riverside section. New builds to a couple of years old. Riverside has .25 - .50 acre lots. Carolina Park was just named "Charleston's Best New Neighborhood".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2thKIaEeCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=RbCZF_rnE88

Mount Pleasant, SC Real Estate | Join Our Community :: Carolina Park

There's a "Village" side, but the lots there are not big enough to meet your requirements.

It will be just barely in your budget - if that. But check. It's really beautiful, and they are in the process of building a gorgeous lake in Riverside now. At least worth a drive through.

Also check out Daniel Island - bigger lots available there - .25 - .50. It's a beautiful, safe "town" and a convenient location. A totally different feel than MP as well (more a throwback to simpler times, smaller not so hectic and busy). Also very worth a drive through, as it's only 15 min from MP. Houses are close together however, some of the back yards are huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y751ZbW3b7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VubwArE_Qsk

Last edited by macalan; 07-15-2017 at 03:52 AM..

Old 07-15-2017, 05:15 AM

3,863 posts, read 4,600,535 times
Unfortunately there isn't anything in Carolina Park that meets the OP's metrics even looking back into the last 12 month's sales. Two propertys came close, 1445 Gunnison St, at 2817 sqft and 3894 Fifle with .28 acre, so it would be worth looking there but it's definitely a long shot. The other 94 houses sold in that period were all less than quarter acre.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:14 PM

252 posts, read 264,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingping View Post
The entire state of NJ is literally transferring to Charleston
I once heard Mt. P. referred to as the southermost suburb of Columbus, OH. Guess we can start calling it South Newark too, eh?

Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 PM

482 posts, read 845,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrd463 View Post
I once heard Mt. P. referred to as the southermost suburb of Columbus, OH. Guess we can start calling it South Newark too, eh?
I know people say there is a lot of people from Ohio here but I haven't met many...

Old 07-23-2017, 09:34 AM

515 posts, read 482,483 times
"the enrolling your child in 10 different after-school activities and 20 different summer camps so they don't lose a single second of opportuntiy to become a more enriched human being. "

I don't think there's any less of that here....but otherwise I think you'll like it here.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:47 PM

8 posts, read 17,808 times
Thanks everyone - we just finished our Mount Pleasant part of the trip and fell in love with it. You are right on the price ranges - really loved Hamlin and Dunes West in particular. I didn't get to check out Snee Farm unfortunately - but we may be heading back down (we are in North Myrtle Beach right now.) We might be crazy and actually do this in the next few weeks before school starts! We will most likely rent though...

Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,355,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky21 View Post
I love it here but it's called Mount Plastic for a reason. Plenty of keeping up with the Joneses.
It sounds like North Mount Pleasant is what your looking for.
Whether you want to keep up with the Joneses is completely up to you and the circle of friends you desire to be with. There are always those people, and there's plenty of people that just don't care what the Joneses are doing or wearing.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 AM

3,863 posts, read 4,600,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeris506 View Post
Thanks everyone - we just finished our Mount Pleasant part of the trip and fell in love with it. You are right on the price ranges - really loved Hamlin and Dunes West in particular. I didn't get to check out Snee Farm unfortunately - but we may be heading back down (we are in North Myrtle Beach right now.) We might be crazy and actually do this in the next few weeks before school starts! We will most likely rent though...
I usually tell newcomers to look around and if they don't find the serendipitous "magic property" that seems made for them, then renting first is a viable option. Just be aware that you'll end up moving twice and probably paying a bit more for the same options a year from now. Prices have been leveling off a bit lately and it's hard to say if they will continue to do so through the next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area