Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 376 times

Advertisements

I lived in charleston SC for 10 years now after moving from smyrna Georgia. it seems that nothing has ever been better here in charleston. bad traffic, aggressive drivers and, lots of rude dis respectful people everywhere all around. the neighbors are somewhat okay but have aggressions problems when it comes to protecting their property and having their privacy which I understand, lots of neighbors also own dogs and none of those dogs are trained at all and most likely to bark and attack any pedestrian that fend for their safety. I don't like the people here in charleston at all and it seems that I might be an outcast for people who I barley try to interact with or they just like to be *******s. I had problems from 5th up until high school with lots of adults and kids not getting along with me for any reason and they feel that im suspective of doing any thing they don't like me as a person, well I don't care about all the opinions from what people had to say to me at work or out in the street because I can tell they like to judge anyone and instigate what they think about another person instead of getting to know them. in my neighborhood where I live at my house is very isolated and not a single neighbor ever comes and say hi or even anything, I say hi to one white couple and they said nothing and just kept going. I just left it alone and was like you know what at least im trying to be nice and am still encouraging people who live around me. charleston is not like that, every person who lives in the city are isolated people, people who will only talk to people who they know instead of any person who can be judged by attractive people being a threat when not. the city is okay but the people here are nightmares, its hard being out there finding friends and neighbors to talk too and getting their trust from them. I focus on being myself and just to letting others negativeness emotions get the best of me. I get up every morning, go outside, walk to back and forth each day minding my own business. I focus on me only and that's is that. my life was full of torture from childhood to adult I was bullied and lectured by some teachers and many students from first grade through elementary schools and 5th grade at a catholic school, middle school was sort of okay and high school hated most of my teachers and the students there and barely zero two four friends that cared about me. I understand that, yes there is a lot of haters out there and my mom always told me if someone says anything to me just ignore them and keep on walking, which I don't because it only takes that person to take you by the hand by them either pushing you and pushing you until your emotions run fin at any point or you being able to stand your ground and defend yourself against what that person has against you. I was raised by a struggling single mom with isolated family, bullied throughout my school years and even faced hate by many neighbors and other Carolinians because of my lack of commitment with other people. charleston and the people there has never made any change of me, its tiring to live in a city for several years and think to yourself, is there anyone out there who understands you or don't? I fell that no one ever has and no one will ever care especially in a tourist city because charleston wants you to take responsibility for yourself because no one else will have to take responsibility for you by caring about your feelings and what has ben going on that affected you so much in your life. hate never wins. the same thing with love and having a heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 06:12 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavi112 View Post
I lived in charleston SC for 10 years now after moving from smyrna Georgia. it seems that nothing has ever been better here in charleston. bad traffic, aggressive drivers and, lots of rude dis respectful people everywhere all around. the neighbors are somewhat okay but have aggressions problems when it comes to protecting their property and having their privacy which I understand, lots of neighbors also own dogs and none of those dogs are trained at all and most likely to bark and attack any pedestrian that fend for their safety. I don't like the people here in charleston at all and it seems that I might be an outcast for people who I barley try to interact with or they just like to be *******s. I had problems from 5th up until high school with lots of adults and kids not getting along with me for any reason and they feel that im suspective of doing any thing they don't like me as a person, well I don't care about all the opinions from what people had to say to me at work or out in the street because I can tell they like to judge anyone and instigate what they think about another person instead of getting to know them. in my neighborhood where I live at my house is very isolated and not a single neighbor ever comes and say hi or even anything, I say hi to one white couple and they said nothing and just kept going. I just left it alone and was like you know what at least im trying to be nice and am still encouraging people who live around me. charleston is not like that, every person who lives in the city are isolated people, people who will only talk to people who they know instead of any person who can be judged by attractive people being a threat when not. the city is okay but the people here are nightmares, its hard being out there finding friends and neighbors to talk too and getting their trust from them. I focus on being myself and just to letting others negativeness emotions get the best of me. I get up every morning, go outside, walk to back and forth each day minding my own business. I focus on me only and that's is that. my life was full of torture from childhood to adult I was bullied and lectured by some teachers and many students from first grade through elementary schools and 5th grade at a catholic school, middle school was sort of okay and high school hated most of my teachers and the students there and barely zero two four friends that cared about me. I understand that, yes there is a lot of haters out there and my mom always told me if someone says anything to me just ignore them and keep on walking, which I don't because it only takes that person to take you by the hand by them either pushing you and pushing you until your emotions run fin at any point or you being able to stand your ground and defend yourself against what that person has against you. I was raised by a struggling single mom with isolated family, bullied throughout my school years and even faced hate by many neighbors and other Carolinians because of my lack of commitment with other people. charleston and the people there has never made any change of me, its tiring to live in a city for several years and think to yourself, is there anyone out there who understands you or don't? I fell that no one ever has and no one will ever care especially in a tourist city because charleston wants you to take responsibility for yourself because no one else will have to take responsibility for you by caring about your feelings and what has ben going on that affected you so much in your life. hate never wins. the same thing with love and having a heart.
Sounds like you're having a rough go of things. I don't feel isolated at all here in Charleston. I am friends with my neighbors and get out to many social events.
It's not always fun and games, but I try to make the best of my situation and encounters with others.

To me it all comes down to outlook. Glass half empty half full.
I hope that at some point your able to see it as half full.

I have found that in trying times I have to lean on my foundation. For me, when all else has been stripped away and I'm to the bone with nothing else to lean on, that foundation is LOVE.

I hope that you can find a place where you are happy. Life's too short to be miserable and full of sadness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: