Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 06:40 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,702 times

Advertisements

The Charleston News and Courier newspaper has posted an informative google map of the location of homes in the Charleston area that have entered foreclosure proceedings in the first three months of this year. The map may take about 10 seconds to load.

http://www.charleston.net/graphics/200804_foreclosure/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:20 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,288,402 times
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCJoe View Post
The Charleston News and Courier newspaper has posted an informative google map of the location of homes in the Charleston area that have entered foreclosure proceedings in the first three months of this year. The map may take about 10 seconds to load.

http://www.charleston.net/graphics/200804_foreclosure/
That is an amazing number of foreclosures. Truly a sad testimony of the times we live in now. So many families affected- it's all so very sad...

Old 04-12-2008, 07:56 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,474 times
I clicked on the map. How do we tell which houses are in forclosure. I saw there is one in I'on.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:50 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,763,641 times
It is very sad....I think of all the uprooted families and children. I can't believe that now there is a bus tour people can take to view all the foreclosed homes. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's deplorable to take groups en masse to gaze at others' misfortunes. I realize that these houses need to be sold, but at least it could be done with more dignity and in the more traditional way (an agent and a prospective buyer). When I saw this new selling concept, I got an image of people stopping to gawk at a horrible car accident.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:17 PM

61 posts, read 248,528 times
Is there an actual list of available homes? It's helpful to be able to look and see which ones they are...

Old 04-13-2008, 06:19 AM

13 posts, read 42,180 times
Default foreclosure listing in Chas. County (free)

If you go to Charleston County, South Carolina there is a list; on the main page in the middle of the page, is the link to the master equity auction list. It's updated every week or two; it shows (some/all) the properties in Charleston county that are going up for auction, the date, the address, the amount of the loan (first and second), and the tax map number. If you have access to MLS through a realtor you can ask them to pull the details and pictures of the property; most times they are listed on MLS with a broker and there is no mention of foreclosure that I have noticed. I'm not sure about anything else after that (the steps to proceed)... This list is FREE! Not sure about Berkeley or Dorchester Counties at this point, or if they are as savvy as Charleston County's database. It truly is very sad what has and is continuing to happen.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:26 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,118 times
unbelievable... there's nearly 50 within a cpl miles of my house, several within my own neighborhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: