Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 AM

269 posts, read 944,292 times

Advertisements

I am so excited, we are on our way to our new home in Mt. Pleasant in 2 weeks!!! I can't wait. It will be so much nicer to have a year round climate for our kids. My daughter (3 yrs old) keeps asking daily if we are moving to our "brandy new home today". I will be so happy when I can finally say "Yes, we are moving to our brandy new home today!!"

So, as a newbie, what does everyone recommend? I definately want to explore the local areas as well as the everyday!! I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old, so we definately need child friendly!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:04 AM

73 posts, read 264,186 times
Where are you moving from? And what part of Mt. Pleasant are you moving too. We moved into Park West a couple of months ago from Ohio. Lots to do for kids. I have a 4 year old and a 10 month old.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBuckeyes View Post
Where are you moving from? And what part of Mt. Pleasant are you moving too. We moved into Park West a couple of months ago from Ohio. Lots to do for kids. I have a 4 year old and a 10 month old.

Moving from NJ, originally from NY, moving into Planters Pointe.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:51 PM

17 posts, read 89,008 times
There are playgrounds at every neighborhood..PW has them by the pool, rec center, Tennyson and Village, Rivertowne has it by the pool and by the pool on the Wando, Dunes West has one by their sales center,
Big Toy and the Tower at Palmetto Island County Park off Longoint Road, IOP at their county park, Sullivan's Island next to the Firehouse, Alhambra Hall in Old Village, Daniel Island has them all over - we ride bikes and go "playground hopping".

Other things..Barnes and Noble and $1 movies at Towne Center. Childrens's museum, Chas. Museum and aquarium downtown. Water Park at the Palmetto Island county Park. We stay away from IOP in summer because it's so crowded on the main beach, but they do have a lifeguard there. We like 26th Street on Sullivan's because it has great tidal pools! Ready , Set Jump has jumpy castles on Clements Ferry Road, Black Beard's Cove by PW on 17. The county libraries are doing all kinds of fun programs. I had mentioned in another thread about the Rec center activities. Always something fun going on!

Best of luck with the move!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thchick View Post
There are playgrounds at every neighborhood..PW has them by the pool, rec center, Tennyson and Village, Rivertowne has it by the pool and by the pool on the Wando, Dunes West has one by their sales center,
Big Toy and the Tower at Palmetto Island County Park off Longoint Road, IOP at their county park, Sullivan's Island next to the Firehouse, Alhambra Hall in Old Village, Daniel Island has them all over - we ride bikes and go "playground hopping".

Other things..Barnes and Noble and $1 movies at Towne Center. Childrens's museum, Chas. Museum and aquarium downtown. Water Park at the Palmetto Island county Park. We stay away from IOP in summer because it's so crowded on the main beach, but they do have a lifeguard there. We like 26th Street on Sullivan's because it has great tidal pools! Ready , Set Jump has jumpy castles on Clements Ferry Road, Black Beard's Cove by PW on 17. The county libraries are doing all kinds of fun programs. I had mentioned in another thread about the Rec center activities. Always something fun going on!

Best of luck with the move!
WOW!!! Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area