Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 11:57 AM

522 posts, read 1,610,700 times

Advertisements

I am seriously considering relocating to Charleston from S. Florida. I am so happy to hear the people there are friendly as that is not the case down here. I am an attractive, single, educated middle-aged female who wants to live in a relatively safe, inexpensive neighborhood that offers activities for single people. I really don't want to be stuck in the boonies. Any suggestions?

Also, what is the singles scene like there for middle-aged women? Any available men?

I have read that the people there are backward but I'm not sure what that means as I never saw any examples. I realize the pace is slow but that doesn't bother me - Florida is slow also and previously I lived in Albuquerque New Mexico which was also slow. (Originally from St. Louis). What are your thoughts? I'm pretty open-minded and politically liberal but I sure don't mind a door being opened for me and being treated like a lady.
Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,331,873 times
I am not available, but there are some around here.

Most people around here are conservative, SC is definitely a red state. Charleston is probably the most Liberal area of the state.

Cost of living here is much lower than South Florida, people in general are friendly.

I live in Summerville, taxes are low, the town is laid back but growing fast, schools are pretty good and there are quite a few things to do within thirty minutes.

Traffic at rush hour is horrible in and out of Charleston but nothing anyone who has lived in a big city anywhere in the country hasn't experienced.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,636 times
Sorry I don't have any info that would help you. But I just joined this site to get feedback about SC also. I am thinking of relocating there in about a year and I saw that you are from St. Louis originally. I am moving from the St. Louis area also so if you get any good advice do you mind sending it my way? You know the area I'm coming from so we're probably in the same boat! amberdawn2984@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:56 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdawn2984 View Post
Sorry I don't have any info that would help you. But I just joined this site to get feedback about SC also. I am thinking of relocating there in about a year and I saw that you are from St. Louis originally. I am moving from the St. Louis area also so if you get any good advice do you mind sending it my way? You know the area I'm coming from so we're probably in the same boat! amberdawn2984@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Thank YOU. I will definately let you know about anything I learn. When are you moving there? I am moving in Feb. St. Louis is a great city in many ways, alot of culture, friendly people, but cold weather and no ocean! Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area