Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:33 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times

Advertisements

I bet few women realize that Charleston is one of the few cities in the country that has a thermogram machine ! Thermograms, unlike mammograms are COMPLETELY safe and are better able to detect cancer far sooner than mammograms. Mammograms on the other hand have 1000 times the amount of radiation than you get from a chest x-ray and do more to cause cancer than to detect it. Yet most women, without giving it a second thought, obediently run and have them just because their Gynocologists, who obviously don't read their medical journals, tell them to.

Anyway. Here is the scoop on mammograms vs thermograms and where you can get a thermogram in Charleston.

I also checked out the website for the one in Charleston and they charge just $245 and are offering a $100 discount which I'm sure they'd offer all the time if your insurance won't pay for it (as I found a center in CT that charges $150 for theirs. Just ask for a discount for cash.

Don't be like a lot of people and only do what your insurance covers. Your health is worth paying your own money out of pocket for safe healthful treatments. Too many of my clients tell me they won't pay their own money for treatment. These are the ones I see as an independent health insurance agent, who stay sickest for the longest.

Insurance is notorious for only paying for what is offered by modern western allopathic medicine which is what is most profitable for the medical establishment and NOT what will efficiently return you to robust health. Rather, doctors would rather give out Rx like they are candy for the rest of your life.

So what if the Rx costs and arm and a leg? So what if you are discriminiated by the insurance companies and can't get the best health insurance rate because you are taking Rx? So what if you develop more problems from complications of so many prescriptions? Sadly the main objective of the provider isn't to make you well as quickly as possible (or be honest about alternatives available), it is about making as much money off of your condition for as long as possible using the only tools they are trained to use which is drugs and surgery.

Anyway, back to the point of this post. Here are a few of the many sites as well as articles in medical journals that you can find that many doctors don't bother to read that show the advantages of thermograms over mammograms.

More on the Dangers of Mammography

http://thebreastthermographycenter.c...ammo_truth.pdf

Dangers and Unreliability of Mammography: Breast Examination is a Safe, Effective, and Practical Alternative

X To Rays Thermal Imaging Alternatives to Mammography

www.earlycancerdetection.com

The above is the Charleston site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 07:00 PM

2 posts, read 6,543 times
Default Wow~

Thank you for this post. I am a women (29) that is looking to move to the Charleston area this summer, and after reading this, it makes me really want to get down there sooner. My mother suffered from breast cancer about 6 years ago and cancer runs in my family. So I know that I need to be EXTRA cautious with my breast exams. Thank you once again for this great info!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM
c99

237 posts, read 1,042,414 times
Thank you for the information. I had not heard of thermograms prior to your post.

Is there currently only one facility in Charleston with a thermogram machine that you are aware of?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:18 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Lol... You do realize that Emilybh is one of the few people who hate the medical establishment and believes that everything that can cure you is in herbal remedies and other questionable medicine. A quick search on google will show you that nearly everything concerning thermography is listed on these "alternative" medicine (or as I call it, voodoo medicine) websites... If I were you, I would ask if the person "reading" the thermography is a "M.D." or "D.O."... most likely... not... and even then.. the websites WARN you to STILL do mammography even if you do thermography... nice way to cover their ass in case you get cancer and sue them...

Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Lol... You do realize that Emilybh is one of the few people who hate the medical establishment and believes that everything that can cure you is in herbal remedies and other questionable medicine. A quick search on google will show you that nearly everything concerning thermography is listed on these "alternative" medicine (or as I call it, voodoo medicine) websites... If I were you, I would ask if the person "reading" the thermography is a "M.D." or "D.O."... most likely... not... and even then.. the websites WARN you to STILL do mammography even if you do thermography... nice way to cover their ass in case you get cancer and sue them...

I beg your pardon!!! I do not HATE the medical establishment. There is room for BOTH allopathic and natural medicine. We desperately NEED western allopathic medicine for ACUTE situations, but if you have a chronic condition such as Cancer or heart disease or high blood pressure or high cholesterol or M.S or LUPUS or any degnerative disease, chances are you are a LOT better off (and for a lot less money will see quicker results) with Natural Medicine.

On the other hand, if you are bleeding non-stop, run to the ER and let the medical doctors go to it to save your life! After you are stabilized, Natural medicine can step in to return you to health. We should have EASY ACCESS TO BOTH!

I'm just an advocate of HONESTY in medicine. The reason there is no health care crisis in Europe and Asia and the reason they are healthier than we are and spend LESS than we do on care and get more for it is that their cultures accept BOTH modes of medicine. They don't try to limit choices or malign some modes of medicine (because they pose a threat to profits of another mode). They recognize and use all modes equally. Since they do this, they are not surprisingly healthier as those with chronic and degenerative condtions have better access to natural medicine than we do in this country.

The important thing is to understand how people are trained in medical school. Unfortunately, they are not trained in all kinds of medicine like many of us erroneously believe. They are narrowly trained in Allopathic medicine which teaches young doctors who to "treat symptoms" of disease with "drugs".

They don't learn about finding CAUSES of disease and they don't learn how to make a person healthier by helping the person to strengthen their immune system with natural methods and medicines. They aren't even trained in what constitutes a healthful diet. For years they told us diet had no bearing on health. It is only recently, they now admit that diet does impact health but they still don't have a clue about what a healthful diet is. They still think that dairy is a health food for example which couldn't be farther from the truth. There are M.Ds that have taken it upon themselves to learn about the role diet plays however. Visit www.pcrm.org (Physicians Committee for Responsble Medicine) unfortunately these conventional doctors are in the minority.

You instead or in addition have to choose to become a Naturopathic Doctor or an N.D or an N.M.D. to learn this. Medical schools that offer this program require students to undergo as much study as what someone studying to become a primary care doctor would go through. Additionally they are trained to perform child birth and minor surgery.

If you don't believe that other countries widely accept and use natural medicine, check out the World Health Organization stats and look at the percentage of each civilized country whose geriatric population has a healthy life expectancy and compare it to ours. Then look at what those countries spend per capita on medical care. (They spend less than half of what we do and their healthy elderly population is a FAR learger precentage of their countries' populations in EVERY CASE!)

Besides, nobody need take my word for it. Just do searches for "dangers of _______" if your M.D. prescribes "_______". Before running and doing or taking "________". The risks may not be worth it. A safer more effective less expensive alternative may be available.

Last edited by emilybh; 12-03-2008 at 06:53 PM..

Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2greeneyes View Post
Thank you for this post. I am a women (29) that is looking to move to the Charleston area this summer, and after reading this, it makes me really want to get down there sooner. My mother suffered from breast cancer about 6 years ago and cancer runs in my family. So I know that I need to be EXTRA cautious with my breast exams. Thank you once again for this great info!!!
Don't worry. Similar lifestyles and diets run in families which are what causes the cancer. Just changing the lifestyle and diet especially will do wonders for preventing cancer. In fact if you want the names of Naturopaths I use in the Boston/Providence area that have a radio show that is streaming live on-line besides being heard in New England, just PM me. I wouldn't have moved here if I wasn't able to continue to see them via phone appts. I'll give you their website and radio show info. I listen to them every Sat AM right here in Charleston, SC from my computer. They have patients all over the world as they've been practicing for 30 years.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:23 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,325,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Hmmm, Modern medicine wasn't always modern.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:59 AM

9,319 posts, read 16,657,325 times
Default An opinion on thermograms

It is my understanding that thermograms do not replace mammography tests, rather they compliment each other. In other words, the thermogram can pick up more details or false positives. There are many centers around the country, including Charleston.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
It is my understanding that thermograms do not replace mammography tests, rather they compliment each other. In other words, the thermogram can pick up more details or false positives. There are many centers around the country, including Charleston.
You are exactly right regarding thermograms picking up more details and correcting false positives. When you have a much more precise much SAFER tool that does not emit 1000 times more radiation than a chest xray or squish your breasts, the only reason I can think of that women would keep having mammograms is that they don't know any better. Why would someone keep having mammograms if they are notorious for false positives added to the fact that they emit radiation if they know about a more precise safer alternative-- (except as I said before, because insurance will pay for a mammogram)? Not me. Having done the research, I will choose the safer more precise and more effective method every time - and pay for it myself if I have to.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Hmmm, Modern medicine wasn't always modern.
True, however read how the AMA changed and prohibited its members from using natural medicine the way doctors used to in the old days (when we didn't have a long-term care epidemic and people wasting away in nursing homes for the last 5 or 10 years of their life). Instead in those days, they lived vibrant healthy lives and died in their sleep. In the old days the killers were the childhood diseases but if one survived those, they lived just as long if not longer than we do today. The difference was they weren't on 13 different prescription drugs. Instead in those days, they went to the doctor and got their health back because doctors used natural medicine which helped the body's own ability to heal itself--- and food wasn't loaded with chemicals or gentically engineered or irradiated the way it is if you buy your food in regular grocery stores. People also got more exercize. There wasn't even any such thing as heart disease back then and cancer was extremely rare - not the epidemic that it is today.

So the old fashioned medicine (natural medicine) that has been practiced for hundreds if not thousands of years still exists, it is just that it has been compartmentalized and in this country, because it isn't as lucrative(there is much more money in helping someone to LIVE WITH THEIR DISEASE BY ADDRESSING THE SYMPTOMS ONLY in western medicine rather than to help them eradicate the disease altogether), it is now called "alternative" medicine.

It should be called what it is: Traditional Medicine. It has been discounted and maligned by the American medical establishment because it poses a threat to the huge profits the medical establishment continues to enjoy by treating people with chronic and degnerative diseases. The Cancer business is the second largest contributor to the gross national product. Western medicine is BIG BUSINESS. In fact to keep it going there are even plans by the New World Order elites to try to force it on everyone in the world and take away natural medicine. Check out www.healthfreedomusa.org. and learn what CODEX Alimentarius has in store for us all.
Sadly Ron Paul was the only candidate in the primaries that even had a health freedom campaign position. Health freedom wasn't even in McCain's or Obama's vocabulary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area