Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 AM

17 posts, read 28,197 times

Advertisements

My wife and I visited Charleston and fell in love with it. We are getting ready to make the move and are looking to see if anyone could help us with a few job lead/or let us know how the job market is doing. We are going to rent and are looking to be fairly close to work. We were thinking the Mt Pleasant, or Summerville area. Just hoping to be near our work. We'd be interested in finding the availability of jobs in the Fitness field. I was going to contact the gyms in the area, but I am hoping to work for myself and gain a few clients and run a few bootcamps. I am currently doing that is Oregon and would like to duplicate that if at all possible. Not sure which area would be best suited for fitness training and bootcamps. Any advice on the best places to market this type of business would be great too. Along with that I also hold a degree in Drafting and would be interested in that too. I have done architectural visualization for many years. (here are a few samples of my work www.dcgraphicsrendering.com) My wife has been an administrative assistant for many years and just became a YOGA certified, but would be looking for part time.

I have had a few odd jobs in the past too from working construction (ex: concrete work, drywall) even cleaning jobs and carpet cleaning. We are just hard working individuals hoping for a few leads before we get there.

Most of the people we have talked to have asked for a resume, but will talk to us when we get out there. That is what we where planning to do, but everyone is so helpful on the forum I thought why not put it out there. Thanks for everyones help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 04:52 PM

595 posts, read 1,250,921 times
Default Here are some job leads I found

I found some job leads at UPS, Dick's sporting goods (I know a 20 yr old who made $12 an hour plus commission to start), Habitat for Humanity is looking for John's Island volunteers (opportunity to make construction oriented friends), Zachry is a construction orientated job placement agency, HD Supply is looking for a non CDL driver.

Remedy Intelligent Staffing, American Data Group, QinetiQ, Adecco or NES employment might be a good agency for your wife to try some admin asst jobs til she can get a job using her Yoga certification.

HTH.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:29 PM

17 posts, read 28,197 times
Default Thanks

Great info I am going to follow up on these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area