Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Please quit while you are behind.
And just like Jack, you've said...absolutely nothing.

lumbollo, Vitner being an economist certainly knows the definition of an ecomomic recovery. The problem is when people who don't understand what it means try to interpret what they think he means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 09:05 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
And just like Jack, you've said...absolutely nothing.

lumbollo, Vitner being an economist certainly knows the definition of an ecomomic recovery. The problem is when people who don't understand what it means try to interpret what they think he means.
you're right CB, I've said nothing. I've always said nothing about these posts....

Instead of critiquing articles and the bias behind them like the OP posted, I'll just cut and paste (and offer nothing) & leave it up to the readers to decide like you do....

All these people (mikeykid/lumbollo) that commented are wrong about you cb, right??? I guess it must be some "vast conspiracy"...right?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:29 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
you're right CB, I've said nothing. I've always said nothing about these posts....

Instead of critiquing articles and the bias behind them like the OP posted, I'll just cut and paste (and offer nothing) & leave it up to the readers to decide like you do....

All these people (mikeykid/lumbollo) that commented are wrong about you cb, right??? I guess it must be some "vast conspiracy"...right?
Yep, like minds think alike, and whenever you're ready to explain what was inaccurate in that article, I'm ready to listen. Until then, $H&% or get off the pot

Old 08-24-2010, 10:01 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,489,417 times
Well, after having read Mr. Vitner's prescient prognostication of the housing market in 2006, I surely hope that his recent statements about the place of Charlotte in the national economy doesn't result in the city being destroyed by a giant asteroid, much like the one that ended the Cretaceous Period!

Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,209,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
This is a false authority fallacy. A title means nothing as it's the results that matter. "Economists", including Vitner, completely failed so see the economic collapse of 2008 and have gotten it consistently wrong ever since.

In regards to the second comment, none of us have tried to interpret what is in Vitner's mind and what he is thinking. We are commented on his words given at a speech and parroted by the newspaper without question. In fact, by informing us what Vitner "knows" you are the only one guilty of this in this topic.

Last edited by lumbollo; 08-25-2010 at 04:32 AM..

Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,025,618 times
People are bad at their jobs every day... Some get to be bad at their jobs with no consequences. Economists are like weather people in that regard - if they get their prediction wrong they can blame the model or unforeseen forces.

In this regard, the content of the "article" is meaningless as the source has been proven to be bad at his job in the past. What compounds that is that it is an Observer "story". That's how I choose to look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte