Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:00 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH14 View Post
Coastal- I think it came down to the fact that Berwick looked (and still does) like a great neighborhood- but until I got here, I didn't really know where the neighborhoods were in correlation to everything else. Coming from AZ, I am used to the cookie cutter subdivisions, so the retail and small lot sizes aren't a concern.

I will be workng uptown near Trade/College. I know I am in for a commute- just hoping if I can get in a little earlier, I will beat the rush.
LOL! That is a very nice side of town, and I'm sure you'll be happy there. Your three choices are smart picks. It's definitely familyville in that part of town, and the schools are great. Try not to get frustrated when you are sitting in traffic for an hour and a half every day though. That's how we ended up over here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 09:08 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
CH14 - That will be a long commute from Ballantyne to downtown!

Is there nothing in the Southpark area that fits your needs? Have you looked at the condos/apartments on Fairview Road/Colony Road? I am a single mom and I can tell you it was nice to be close to my sons school on those days when something came up!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:55 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,769,088 times
Blakeney Greens would probably be the best choice based on your commments. Myself and a few other posters live in the neighborhood. Who doesn't want to be able to walk to almost everything you need? Your commute will be a little more in this location but it's well worth to it most.

Park South Station has private water. The developer has something to do with the water company from what I've been told. The fees are high and the residents have fought numerous times to try and keep them down. I have clients and friends that live in this development and they love it and the water bill isn't a big deal to them.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:11 PM

24 posts, read 59,606 times
Ballantyne Elementary school is excellent. It's a brand-new, beautiful facility. The test scores are (as expected) well above average. Anything in S. Charlotte will be safe in terms of elementary schools: Ballantyne, Hawk Ridge, Elon Park, Polo Ridge, etc.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:14 PM

123 posts, read 218,049 times
I'm sure you will get used to the long commute. You may even enjoy it!!! I agree with "lovesmountains"...those stairs are really hard on a person, especially someone over 50. I heard the schools at Blakeney are great though. Remember to crank up that AC on that commute come summer months though and drink lots of liquids so you keep hydrated. Good Luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: