Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 PM

79 posts, read 159,299 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of starting a small business and trying to determine which bank to go with between Wachovia vs. BofA. Some of the important things I'm considering is free checking, minimum balances, amount of withdrawals, and hidden fees. If anyone has any experience with either of these two banks as a business, please let me know. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 09:04 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Most of that info can be found on their respective websites. What might be equally useful are customer (non) recommendations. I've been with BOFA for 26 years, but I'm just an average non-business customer. My experience is that they're quick to get me a loan or finance something, but when it came to an ID theft issue they dragged their feet. I don't do enough business with them to warrant looking for another bank.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 AM

769 posts, read 2,220,612 times
I'm just a personal bank user also, but I have banked with both BofA and Wachovia and I prefer Wachovia. However, the "Wachovia experience" may change as the merger with Wells Fargo continues, so you really need to be looking at all three - if you sign up with Wachovia now, it may be Wells Fargo services, rates, etc. you have later on down the road.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 AM

299 posts, read 590,313 times
Have you checked into some of the smaller banks around? I don't know much about banking, but I would imagine that some of the local start ups, like Aquesta, would be willing to give you great terms.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:49 AM

371 posts, read 1,102,255 times
We currently bank at BoFA personally, but would go back to BB&T if they could get their online banking on par with the BoFA. Loved doing business with a mid-size bank who took no government money and get their credit guidelines in check. Would never use Wachovia again after an identity theft issue. Just my personal opinion though.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:16 AM

396 posts, read 972,683 times
I have my small business account at Wachovia. I have been there for about 3 years now and haven't had any problems. I have had an issue where someone used my card without my permission and I had the money back in my account within 24 hrs and got a new card within a week. I have no minimum balance and no monthly fees.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:15 PM

870 posts, read 3,529,118 times
A lot more goes into business banking than which one is better? Do you need to have access to an ATM system? Will all your banking be done in the bank branch? Will you be setting up loans?
I have used B of A, BB&T and Wachovia for all my businesses. B of A has been the easiest to work with. I like having access to ATM's all over the country. I have no minimums and and no monthly charges.
I also use Sun Trust for one of my businesses and love them.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM

79 posts, read 159,299 times
I need a bank that operates both here in Charlotte and Tampa as my business partner lives there. This unfortunately eliminates the local banks.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:58 PM

299 posts, read 590,313 times
You can find Sun Trust in Fla as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte