Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:56 AM

24 posts, read 57,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathems View Post
I love the Home Economist--it's a great place to buy bulk foods such as herbs, teas, nuts and much, much more. My husband has Celiac's Disease so he has to eat only gluten-free foods. The Home Economist has a pretty good gluten free section, which we really appreciate.

That's why we're looking forward to Whole Foods coming to Charlotte--they have their own brand selection of gluten-free breads and they are wonderful! We go to Greensboro a few times a year to stock up on loaves of bread to freeze, and also buy their cornbread and muffins from time to time to vary up our menu.

We will definitely continue to go to the Home Economist once Whole Foods comes to Charlotte as we don't want our local "home grown" store to go out of business!
We love the bulk section at HHM, especially the tea and nuts. They also have a great selection of local beers including Green Man from Asheville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 PM

646 posts, read 1,156,504 times
I've not seen people cutting in line, but I love that phrase: the death stare!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
I thought all you who love Whole Foods; Whole Foods has partner with Monsanto
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I'm devastated about this. I was a huge Whole Foods Market fan but of ALL COMPANIES to be associated with/ merge with/ be acquired by they couldn't have picked anything more evil than Monsanto that gave us Agent Orange that killed or caused cancer in how many soldiers in Viet Nam? No it is Monsanto the king creator of genetically engineered seeds with 67 known health hazards that can develop if you ingest them or food grown from them.

Health Risks of GM Foods:Summary /Debate - Seeds of Deception

According to this article a lot of Whole Foods products that aren't labeled "USDA organic" have GMOs in them despite a year ago and more their policy was not to sell anything they were aware of that had GMO ingredients. HOW DEPRESSING!

Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: Whole Foods Market okays GMO coexistence | Food Freedom

Now the only way to be sure of what you are getting is to grow your own food with heirloom seeds.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
You might want to check your sources before posting potentially-inflammatory things like you've just posted. If you take the time to read the article at http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/201...s-to-monsanto/ you will see that the author did post a link to Whole Foods' response to the situation, the full text of which is available here: http://blog.wholefoodsmarket.com/201...ons-ge-alfalfa
Here is the relevant snippet:

Quote:
The USDA had been considering two potential decisions on this issue – either full deregulation or deregulation with restrictions. The latter would have set rules to protect non-GE crops from contamination. While Whole Foods Market and other advocates for non-GE and organic foods feel the USDA’s deregulation decision is a setback, we will continue the fight for the protection of non-GE food, as we have ever since genetically engineered crops first appeared in the marketplace.
Bottom line here: Whole Foods Market has not in any way, shape or form "partnered" with Monsanto. To say otherwise is to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt).

Last edited by GrayWolf; 08-09-2011 at 10:46 PM.. Reason: Fixing URLs

Old 08-10-2011, 02:45 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,287,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Yeah. They have pulled the wool over people's eyes. It's one of the reasons that I prefer the Western NC based Earth Fare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte