Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 PM

799 posts, read 3,226,435 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are going to be visiting the Charlotte area probably from the 15th - 20th this month to see family, and we need a hotel or such that has a kitchenette, or kitchen capacity because of our daughter. Does anyone have any recommendations? Money is something of an issue. Looking for less than 80 a night.

Thanks for any tips!
Angie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2006, 09:13 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi
Hi,

We are going to be visiting the Charlotte area probably from the 15th - 20th this month to see family, and we need a hotel or such that has a kitchenette, or kitchen capacity, because of our daughter. Does anyone have any recommendations? Money is something of an issue. Looking for less than 80 a night.

Thanks for any tips!
Angie

How about Amerisuites? Try that one. Book ahead.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:22 PM

273 posts, read 1,649,585 times
Quote:
Hi,
We are going to be visiting the Charlotte area probably from the 15th - 20th this month to see family, and we need a hotel or such that has a kitchenette, or kitchen capacity because of our daughter. Does anyone have any recommendations? Money is something of an issue. Looking for less than 80 a night.

Thanks for any tips!
Angie
Found Sun Suites with rates from $55-$75 [url=http://www.sunsuites.com/charlotte.shtml[URL] Haven't ever stayed there so I can't say what it's like.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:52 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,997,063 times
Extended Stay America. Seven in the Charlotte area.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 AM

Thank you! I went ahead and made a reservation for this one. I appreciate the help!

Now, I heard that Country Inn & Suites in Matthews is good, but I don't think they have kitchenettes. Any idea on that? I'll just have to call I guess. ;D Thanks for your help!

Old 08-14-2006, 08:26 AM

Thumbs up You all are awesome!

Thank you for the good tips!
Does anyone know if Country Inn & Suites in Matthews have kitchenettes by chance? I've heard they are really friendly and helpful and are really close to our family down there in Matthews.

Thanks for your help guys! We do appreciate it!

Old 08-14-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Thank you! I went ahead and made a reservation for this one. I appreciate the help!

Now, I heard that Country Inn & Suites in Matthews is good, but I don't think they have kitchenettes. Any idea on that? I'll just have to call I guess. ;D Thanks for your help!
Happy that I could help. According to the descriptions I read of the Country Inn & Suites that you mentioned, they do not have kitchenettes.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:08 AM

Yeah, bummer huh. But they do have a continental breakfast.

I've always wondered though about that name: Continental Breakfast. Which continent exactly? It always sounds so much larger than it really is! I know that in Florida a CB often has eggs and bacon, but in San Francisco you're lucky if there's even fruit involved. Hee hee!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I've always wondered though about that name: Continental Breakfast. Which continent exactly? It always sounds so much larger than it really is! I know that in Florida a CB often has eggs and bacon, but in San Francisco you're lucky if there's even fruit involved. Hee hee!
Ask and you shall receive. Origin of the term "Continental Breakfast": Countries in continental Europe (i.e., the "continent") typically serve a cold breakfast of cereal, cheese, and croissant as a self-service buffet. This is contrasted with a "cooked breakfast" or more commonly, "full English breakfast", which typically includes fried eggs, sausage, ham, and tomato.

According to [url=http://www.yaelf.com/questions.shtml[URL]

Old 08-15-2006, 06:24 PM

146 posts, read 638,527 times
Quote:

Their suites have a sink, fridge, microwave. 2 queen beds and a separate room with a pull out sofa and tv. just stayed there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: