U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 AM
 
12 posts, read 14,688 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello all. My job is relocating to Charlotte in a few months and so I will be moving to that area. I plan on living in Rock Hill SC. Can someone tell me what areas of Rock Hill to avoid living in. I want to avoid bad neighborhoods.
Also can someone recommend a good place to rent a trailer or apartment in a safe area? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2010, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,447 posts, read 6,643,522 times
Reputation: 1389
Congratulations on your new job! You will probably get better feedback if your post questions in the York and Lancaster Counties forum. I am curious, why do you want to live in Rock Hill if your job is in Charlotte?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Reputation: 39845
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB100258 View Post
Hello all. My job is relocating to Charlotte in a few months and so I will be moving to that area. I plan on living in Rock Hill SC. Can someone tell me what areas of Rock Hill to avoid living in. I want to avoid bad neighborhoods.
Also can someone recommend a good place to rent a trailer or apartment in a safe area? Thanks in advance.
Don't go as far as Rock Hill if you don't have to! If you don't want to actually live in Charlotte near your job than at least consider Fort Mill instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 AM
 
12 posts, read 14,688 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Congratulations on your new job! You will probably get better feedback if your post questions in the York and Lancaster Counties forum. I am curious, why do you want to live in Rock Hill if your job is in Charlotte?
It's suppose to be cheaper in SC and Rock Hill is not far from Charlotte. Also in SC I can get a SC drivers license without having to take the tests as long as my current DL is up to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 08:14 AM
 
12 posts, read 14,688 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Don't go as far as Rock Hill if you don't have to! If you don't want to actually live in Charlotte near your job than at least consider Fort Mill instead.
What's good about Fort Mill vs Rock Hill? Is Rock Hill bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Reputation: 39845
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB100258 View Post
It's suppose to be cheaper in SC and Rock Hill is not far from Charlotte. Also in SC I can get a SC drivers license without having to take the tests as long as my current DL is up to date.
Then at least look at Fort Mill instead.

What kind of rent are you looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 08:56 AM
 
12 posts, read 14,688 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then at least look at Fort Mill instead.

What kind of rent are you looking for?
I'm looking to pay 400-500 a month if I can find somthing decent in that price range. I'm single so I don't need anything fancy or big. I just want to make sure that I don't move into a bad neighborhood where there is a lot of crime. Is Fort Mill a safe place without a lot of crime? It's closer to Charlotte. Rock Hill is just a consideration. I'm not set on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,969 posts, read 3,065,917 times
Reputation: 2884
I think people are moreso recommending fort mill as an alternative with a shorter commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,447 posts, read 6,643,522 times
Reputation: 1389
^Yes. Where will your job be located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2010, 09:05 AM
 
12 posts, read 14,688 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
^Yes. Where will your job be located?


Charlotte NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:00 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top