Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 04:34 PM

10 posts, read 28,996 times

Advertisements

Hi

We are planning to buy a house and we are confused between the two schools? wheich one better? community house or JM robinson? I heard that community house has bullying problems. Is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 09:00 AM

39 posts, read 111,787 times
Both are really good schools.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,293,640 times
Community House is overcrowded but I think they are changing the zone a bit next year.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM

812 posts, read 1,908,040 times
I am confused with the lines for Community House...some go to South Meck and others to Ardrey Kell...the dividing lines don't necessarily make sense. So not sure how they are going to adjust the lines.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:02 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alise007 View Post
I am confused with the lines for Community House...some go to South Meck and others to Ardrey Kell...the dividing lines don't necessarily make sense. So not sure how they are going to adjust the lines.
Everyone is confused about the zone lines.

To the OP: traditionally Robinson has better scores overall, and the teachers expect more from their students, but Community House is starting to "catch up". You can't go wrong with either school, bottom line.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM

846 posts, read 1,798,332 times
I was confused. I didn't know that Robinson had a different name in this part of Charlotte. They are the name of a public HS in Concord, which is very nice and is so close to Charlotte Motor Speedway that when the races go on, you can hear them.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan16 View Post
I was confused. I didn't know that Robinson had a different name in this part of Charlotte. They are the name of a public HS in Concord, which is very nice and is so close to Charlotte Motor Speedway that when the races go on, you can hear them.
JM Robinson is a middle school in south Charlotte, and the school our OP is asking about.

Jay Robinson High School is indeed in Concord, but it is just called "Robinson" (it CAN be confusing!)

Old 02-09-2011, 04:27 PM

587 posts, read 1,625,556 times
I have a daughter at Jay M. Robinson and have been very happy, as has my daughter. I know people who have their children at Community House and they seem to be happy there too. That said, if your child is "prone" to getting bullied, and you've heard something about a bullying problem there - I'd avoid it like the plague.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 AM

10 posts, read 28,996 times
Thank you so much for all the inputs. Some of the reviews on greatschools.org state that the school has bullying problem. and the school is not doing anything about it. Please let me know if you have more information on that.

Thank you so much

Old 02-10-2011, 01:22 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrp View Post
Thank you so much for all the inputs. Some of the reviews on greatschools.org state that the school has bullying problem. and the school is not doing anything about it. Please let me know if you have more information on that.

Thank you so much
How old are the reviews? I ask b/c of the new principal from last year who supposedly is pretty tough and focused on the school. I have friends whose kids are there, but they have not mentioned any bullying. No personal experience myself yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: