Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,328 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My friend and I are currently looking into Charlotte as our new city. We will both already be employed when we arrive so finding a job is not a concern. We are in our mid-late 20's and single. Both of us enjoy the nightlife but also like to explore the outdoors on the weekends. How is the social scene for young, professional singles? Are there plenty of outdoor activities? Are culture and creativity largely present in Charlotte? Is the city safe overall (this is the greatest concern since we are women)? And last but not least, where are the best areas to look for housing to rent? We would need to have an actual house and not an apartment because my friend has a couple of big dogs. Any information is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 07:44 AM

72 posts, read 188,335 times
Social Scene is great for young professionals. City is safe- there is crime in certain areas just like any big city

2 Suggestions:

Contact a good property management company- they will know the scope best on renting a house
www.trlawing.com/

Charlotte Outdoor Adventures
www.choa.com/

Old 03-11-2011, 08:10 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elstaff82 View Post
Hello everyone. My friend and I are currently looking into Charlotte as our new city. We will both already be employed when we arrive so finding a job is not a concern. We are in our mid-late 20's and single. Both of us enjoy the nightlife but also like to explore the outdoors on the weekends. How is the social scene for young, professional singles? Are there plenty of outdoor activities? Are culture and creativity largely present in Charlotte? Is the city safe overall (this is the greatest concern since we are women)? And last but not least, where are the best areas to look for housing to rent? We would need to have an actual house and not an apartment because my friend has a couple of big dogs. Any information is appreciated!
I don't know, should you??

Old 03-11-2011, 08:54 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,368,515 times
Absolutely! My husband and I moved down here in our mid-20's from NYC. We came down on the premise that if we didn't love it after one year, we'd move on. 15 years later....That's the beauty of being in your 20's. Go for it!

Old 03-11-2011, 10:01 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,973,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Absolutely! My husband and I moved down here in our mid-20's from NYC. We came down on the premise that if we didn't love it after one year, we'd move on. 15 years later....That's the beauty of being in your 20's. Go for it!
Totally agree with you!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM

335 posts, read 699,585 times
Heads Carolina, tails California. Go for it!

Old 03-12-2011, 10:00 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
All that good stuff you want, ...........we got it........JOBS HOWEVER? That we dont got....lol

Old 03-12-2011, 12:18 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,103 times
You already have employment and Charlotte is a wonderful area so come on down.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:53 PM

1,738 posts, read 845,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I don't know, should you??
Wow! In weighing the differences between Raleigh and Charlotte I'll say one thing---- the folks on the Raleigh forum are a DARN site nicer than some folks I've come across on the Charlotte forum in just FIVE MINUTES of reading!

Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM

817 posts, read 811,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elstaff82 View Post
Place is great for outdoors, there are lots of hiking/trail running/mountain bike riding options here, with most places only around 100-150 miles away at the most. The downtown is pretty nice, and safe for the most part, I don't like the social scene here and would say it's in the bottom 5 for the singles scene, but that's just my opinion, you might find it to be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte