Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 AM

817 posts, read 810,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomerfromuk View Post
[quote The downtown is pretty nice, and safe for the most part, I don't like the social scene here and would say it's in the bottom 5 for the singles scene, but that's just my opinion, you might find it to be different.
But as you mentioned in your angry/annoying private messages to me and earlier postings, you don't like the social scene because you can't get a date because women here do not like you because you are from India and they are rude and ignorant. LOL!!

Placing Charlotte on the bottom 5 for the singles scene would be putting Charlotte behind New Delhi, Baliwood, Mumbai, Madras, right? [/quote]

So many assumptions, and such a grand display of ignorance, for your kind information, I have been in the US for 11 years now, and lived across the length and breadth of the nation including the SouthWest, Westcoast, Midwest and the East Atlantic shore, this is my time anywhere close to the South, and I can honestly say this has been my worst experience so far.

I like how you make assumptions about my dates/women and so on, are you sure you are not imagining those things in your head? Time to go take your medication I suppose. , your posting pretty much sums up the racist attitudes of most people in this city, thank you for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But as you mentioned in your angry/annoying private messages to me and earlier postings, you don't like the social scene because you can't get a date because women here do not like you because you are from India and they are rude and ignorant. LOL!!

Placing Charlotte on the bottom 5 for the singles scene would be putting Charlotte behind New Delhi, Baliwood, Mumbai, Madras, right?

Ah, so there is more to the story than we knew. Thanks for filling in the blanks

I do feel badly for anyone from another country and culture who comes to Charlotte and can't find their niche'.

It's hard to be so far from home and lonely I'm sure.

But I'm thinking this would happen whether the poster was in Charlotte or New York. In fact, I think the bigger the city the lonlier you feel sometimes.[/quote]

Well, don't take what he says as the complete truth, I have lived in the US for 11 years, and been through many different cities here as part of my work, Charlotte just happens to be the worst in my opinion when it comes to the social scene, it's not about being lonely or coming from a foreign country for me, most of my friends are Americans themselves, most of them on the West Coast, and their advise for me was not to move here when I first told them about it. I can see why they had said so now.

And please don't compare Charlotte with NY, Charlotte all said and done, has some of the most ignorant and backward people I have encountered in my life.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 AM

689 posts, read 1,656,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
in my opinion .
This is the most important phrase here, and you are entitled to it.

I wish you luck in your new home. Lucky for me, I love Charlotte and completely disagree with your opinion. But that is my opinion.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawks91 View Post
This is the most important phrase here, and you are entitled to it.

I wish you luck in your new home. Lucky for me, I love Charlotte and completely disagree with your opinion. But that is my opinion.
Of course, never disputed it, am looking to move to a place like NY where people actually have some culture, hope I could do that.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 PM

66 posts, read 122,862 times
Some of you guys just kill me with your comments. For a metro area of approx. 2.0 million (1.8 million MSA and 2.3 million CMSA) charlotte has a pretty lively bar scene in two districts. I used to frequent Atlanta's primary bar district (Buckhead) in the early 1980s when Atlanta was too a metro of approximately 2 million. Charlotte's two districts are just as lively, if not more, than Buckhead was then. Sometimes life is what you make of it. Can Charlotte compare with larger metros of 4-5 million? NO, but it can compare with other metros of 2 million very favorablly in many categories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte