Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM

24 posts, read 41,830 times

Advertisements

all of the reasons above, AND it could be that many of the kids in your neighborhood go to different schools. In the handful of houses around mine, kids go to a bunch different schools (3 charters, local CMS, 2-3 religious schools, 2 private). My children go to a school close to 20miles from our home, right after school we do sports/music/dance lessons. By the time we get home its usually close to 6pm, then we do dinner, homework and get ready for bed.

When they are outside during the week, they are usually in our fenced backyard because our neighborhood playgrounds are more for toddlers and our HOA doesn't allow our bball goal out unless its "in use". It's such a monster that it usually only comes out when my husband is home to deal with it (ie weekends). My girls are elementary aged, but I would think most other teens are involved in some sort of activity afterschool whether its sports related, church related, or something else that interests them. Some may even be working? I don't know what the minimum age is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 06:16 PM

300 posts, read 763,734 times
Smile lots of kids here playing outside

live in a cul-de-sac here. we have plenty of kids outside here on the cul-de-sac driving there electric cars, and kids running up and down the street here.

ages range 2 yr to 11 years about 8 kids and all there parents outside. when we move into this cul-de-sac our welcome to the neighborhood was a mother telling me that that the cul-de-sac belong to the kids to play in. Seeing that we have no kids.

You can always move into our cul-de-sac. the kids and there parents own it. thats what I was told.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:29 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennise View Post
live in a cul-de-sac here. we have plenty of kids outside here on the cul-de-sac driving there electric cars, and kids running up and down the street here.

ages range 2 yr to 11 years about 8 kids and all there parents outside. when we move into this cul-de-sac our welcome to the neighborhood was a mother telling me that that the cul-de-sac belong to the kids to play in. Seeing that we have no kids.

You can always move into our cul-de-sac. the kids and there parents own it. thats what I was told.
Sarcasm, I hope? I am sure they don't own the street and I can't stand people who think the do.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennise View Post

Didn't you get the memo?? OF COURSE that's true

Seriously though, that's why some parents will agree to pay more to live on the cul-se-sac.

Wish our OP had not disappeared so quickly.

I wanted her to tell us which neighborhood she is in. Most likely she is living in one without really young families and that's why she's not seeing a lof of kids.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Didn't you get the memo?? OF COURSE that's true

Seriously though, that's why some parents will agree to pay more to live on the cul-se-sac.

Wish our OP had not disappeared so quickly.

I wanted her to tell us which neighborhood she is in. Most likely she is living in one without really young families and that's why she's not seeing a lof of kids.
My neighbors must think they own the cul de sac here, too. Their kids are always putting their graffiti out in the street. Some kind of gang symbols that look like this:

Old 04-01-2011, 08:08 PM

17 posts, read 41,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
My neighbors must think they own the cul de sac here, too. Their kids are always putting their graffiti out in the street. Some kind of gang symbols that look like this:

LOL~~~ Loved your responce!

I agree and think it depends on where you live? We have 3 streets in our area and been here for about 10 years. On the cul de sac as well, but no one plays in it!!! We have all kinds of ages here too.... Everyone has different schedules. I too drive 20 mins to schools 20 mins back 2x a day and then it's homework and sports. Takes up most of the day!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:41 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,611 times
Most of the kids I see outside are also under 12 or else they are heading to the neighborhood park where there is a basketball half court. They congregate in groups along the different cul-de-sacs or in the backyards where the younger ones can't "escape" into the street.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:57 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,231,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
You should definitely get the CMPD Gang Task Force involved. Gangs are nothing to joke about. Even gangs of 9 year old girls can be dangerous, if you intrude on their turf.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
In my neighborhood we have alot of kids playing outside, and teens too. Although they tend to walk in groups and talk rather then actually play. LOL

But maybe there aren't alot of kids in your area?

Old 04-02-2011, 10:23 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,289,602 times
Depends on how long the neighborhood has been there. The kids grow up. Kids tend to grow up faster than people move, hence where there was once a bunch of kids playing in the street, there are now none. Probably have to wait for another generation to see them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte