Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2007, 02:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,611 times

Advertisements

hi,all i jus wanna say that from what i've read you guys are awesome . I feel like i can post on this site and get honest answers to my questions.

so i guess to start i'm moving in march and i was wondering if anyone could let me know of any apartments in a good area? were looking for a 2 bedroom 1.5 or 2 bath. that allow pets. although i'm coming to find that charlotte is way more relaxed then cali about pets.

i know that everyone has said that charlotte is a wonderfully diverse area, but are the any problem with mixed couples. i was looking at another website and it showed the active hate groups and i was just wondering if you'd actually heard anything.

thanx so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:45 AM

928 posts, read 3,852,506 times
Rent a house instead of an apartment. THere are tons of houses for rent and they usually allow pets as long as they are not dangerous breeds, rots, pit bulls, etc.

Good LUck on your move.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,611 times
Cool good idea

so is it actually easier to get a house out there?? i have a boston terrier he's like 20 pounds. what would b the best way to go about finding out what houses are for rent??

Old 08-06-2007, 06:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_gurl View Post
so is it actually easier to get a house out there?? i have a boston terrier he's like 20 pounds. what would b the best way to go about finding out what houses are for rent??
check out the ads in the newspaper online, the Charlotte Observer. Also, go on the website for the T R Lawing property management company, they have many homes to choose from. Just be aware, not all rental homes in Charlotte will be in safe or desirable neighborhoods. Any house under $700 a month will be in area I wouldn't reccomend you look in. To be on the safe side look to spend at least $900 a month.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:05 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,506 times
In my opinion, houses are much better to rent then apartments, you get much more privacy and personal space. I have owned and leased and I would only go back to apartment living if it was for free rent. You couldn't get me into egg shell walls and beige carpets ever again.

Apartments are for some, but not all. There are varities of ways to find them. I found them by simply driving around and looking at for rent signs. Now, we have the ad's, craigslist, the for rent websites, commerical websites, professional co's which are not my personal favorites. I know many places are picky when it comes to pets because often they see pets and fear problems and property damage. I may be able to pass a reference your way when your ready. Good luck.

As for the costs, a minimum 1,000 to $1,500 f0r a good, safe, clean area. I would say anything less, and you might want to look in the more rural areas, Kannapolis, Rowan County, Cleveland County, Gaston County. These areas will give you a longer commute if you work in Charlotte and personally it is not worth the cheaper rent. However, you are the one who has to make that decision.

Good luck and welcome if you chose to come.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:56 AM

6 posts, read 16,845 times
We are looking to move in June, and think we will be renting as well, so we can take some time and find the perfect house to buy once we get there. we have been scanning the newspaper classifieds and the houses are pretty reasonable to rent, though they seem to be more around $1100 in the area we are looking at.

Well, good luck with your search and let us know how you do!

Also, can anyone tell me about the rental laws? Here in MA landlords have to provide the water, but do not have to supply appliances...does any one know how it is in NC? Thanks

Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 AM

29 posts, read 96,802 times
Baby_gurl,

I think the house/apartment decision actually has more to do with your personal circumstances than people have so far let on. If your budget is unlimited, I would probably opt for a house. If you don't mind living WAY out of town, I would also opt for a house. There is no question, however, that houses are more expensive per sq ft than similarly located apartments are. That's just simple economics.

Therefore, you should probably weigh your needs carefully to figure out where you ought to live. If you want to be located in a "lively" part of town, apartments and townhouses are going to be more abundant. If you like the peace and quiet, you can probably find a nice house in a safe neighborhood for a similar price - but it likely won't be quite as convenient to "attractions."

As some have already noted, where you're going to work should also be a concern. You probably don't want to get stuck driving 45 minutes each way to and from your job. In any event, you should carefully weigh your particular circumstances rather than just jumping into something because it's "the place to be" or because "houses are better than apartments."

Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM

185 posts, read 583,276 times
If an apartment is what you're looking into.. you might go to Camden Living.com they have a few to choose from and you can see what they offer. Stonecrest is nice and animal friendly! nice area also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte