Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:38 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
The proof is in link I posted, which you obviously did not read. But that is par....
I read the link. There is no "proof" of anything. Perhaps that word does not mean what you think it means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
I read the link. There is no "proof" of anything. Perhaps that word does not mean what you think it means.

If you think there is no proof then I would encourage you to contact WBTV call them out on the story and then follow up with Pendergraph and ask him why he is telling blatant lies. Then you can come back and paste the "E" communications you receive. That won't be done, it takes to much work and fortitude.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
If you think there is no proof then I would encourage you to contact WBTV call them out on the story and then follow up with Pendergraph and ask him why he is telling blatant lies. Then you can come back and paste the "E" communications you receive. That won't be done, it takes to much work and fortitude.
If you think the proof is there, just quote it and post it. It wouldn't take much work or fortitude... But that won't be done, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST!

lol.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:53 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,289,602 times
Quote:
You have offered nothing but your opinion in this topic. You are entitled to it, but it's no basis for demanding that anyone else provide "proof" to you. If you were really interested, then I would expect that someone who teaches logic as you claim, can figure out how google works.

Pendergraph is absolutely correct in asking CMS to return that money. That school system is going to have to do with less like everyone else is these days.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
You have offered nothing but your opinion
Quote:
Rightfully so? How do you figure?

"[CMS] did tell people this is an estimate," Roberts said. "This is what the state has told us to do. Look at a 10 percent cut. This is what the Governor has told us to do. This is what the legislature told us."

Yet Pendergraph feels duped? Posturing for the tea party... nothing more.
That's not my opinion son, that's a direct quote from a County Commissioner who says something exactly contrary to the entire premise of this sad thread.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:02 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,289,602 times
Quote:
That's not my opinion son, that's a direct quote from a County Commissioner who says something exactly contrary to the entire premise of this sad thread.
Oh, you don't have an opinion now? If you are so willing to accept anything that is printed, then from the same article.
Pendergraph believes CMS officials knew they were going to get about $30 million more from the state before they cried broke. He believes if other county commissioners knew that information, the district would have received less than the $26 million the district got from the county.
He isn't the only one to state this.

Jennifer Roberts hasn't cited the NC State legislation that required them to do this. When she does, I will believe it. Otherwise, this is a matter of opinion and as I said above, if the CMS accounting is so bad, they can't produce a valid budget, then bring in outside auditors and accountants.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
If you think the proof is there, just quote it and post it. It wouldn't take much work or fortitude... But that won't be done, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST!

lol.

It is in the original post.....you want to debunk it, YOU prove it. Get over the silly and childish games because you don't like a post or poster. LOL!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 AM

To me this issue hinges on one *crucial* accusation.

1. CMS leaders (Gorman) duped, conned and/or stole $26MM from the County since they knew the State would fund them at a higher level than they (and the general public) were informed.

The thread was posited as if this accusation was fact. And subsequent posts by you and chromecat have inferred directly and indirectly that the evidence exists proving that it is fact.

I have definitively posted my evidence that, PERHAPS, this accusation is not fact... as you and your buddy would have us believe. My evidence is a direct quote from the Big Dog Commissioner that states that the COMMISSIONERS KNEW BUDGETS WERE AN ESTIMATE! Now Pendergraph is trying to save face for his tax-hating constituency. Earlier he was ok with the $26MM to save face with a population that wouldn't stand for devaluing education in our community. He is nothing more than a spineless politician, playing both sides of the fence. Lapdogs like you and CK eat it up, so his mission is accomplished.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
It is in the original post.....you want to debunk it, YOU prove it. Get over the silly and childish games because you don't like a post or poster. LOL!

I DID prove my point, with a direct quote from your article. lol, indeed!

It was the THIRD post in the thread. You've been dodging since then...

Old 08-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I DID prove my point, with a direct quote from your article. lol, indeed!

It was the THIRD post in the thread. You've been dodging since then...

Uhhhh, no......fail. I haven't dodged anything. You have used the word "perhaps" several times in this thread. You have only posted your opinion
which you are entitled to do but you have not proved incorrect the original
story. Personal opinion is not fact nor does it make it so.

What you need to do is contact Pendegraph and ask him to clairfy if you don't understand or believe what he is saying. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte