Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:39 AM

6 posts, read 10,825 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am 23 years old and looking to relocate to the Charlotte area for work. I would be working in Huntersville but have been told that it might be more fun for someone my age to live further south closer to Charlotte.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me of complexes to look into? Or even just what general areas you recommend? I don't know anything about the area so any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm most likely looking for a 1 bedroom. I'd like monthly rent to be somewhere around $600-$800, if possible.

I'd like to be in an area/a complex where there are a lot of people my age.

Safety, parking, a pool, a gym, etc. are all things I'm interested in.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 10:19 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Try the circle apartments on South Blvd. Very trendy and close to bars, clubs, and restaurants. Just a short distance from uptown. It's also close to Freedom Park which is a hangout spot for young people.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:19 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
Nothing comes to mind for that price point with your other criteria. For some of them, you might want to just stick with living in or near the Huntersville/Northlake Mall area.

Some possible contenders:

Long Creek Club Apartments
Bexley-at-Harborside
Auston-Woods
The Marquis at Northcross
Camden Sedgebrook
Bexley Commons at Rosedale
Redcliffe At Kenton Place
Colonial Grand at Huntersville

Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,655,161 times
We saw Harry Potter at Birkdale Village - I had only been there one other time, right after they opened, and once just to go to the book store.

There were TONS of young people around - some highschoolers, waiting for the premiere, but lots of young adults, too, enjoying the shops & restaurants. I don't know how much apartments around there go for, but you might look in that area.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Thanks for the info, please keep the ideas coming! I really would prefer to stay somewhere further south by Charlotte, as opposed to Huntersville itself.

Does anyone know anything about Wesley Village? That is one that has stuck out to me based on the research I've done thus far.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
Aren't those priced in the 1200+ and more a month range?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:32 PM

9 posts, read 24,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw1588 View Post
Thanks for the info, please keep the ideas coming! I really would prefer to stay somewhere further south by Charlotte, as opposed to Huntersville itself.

Does anyone know anything about Wesley Village? That is one that has stuck out to me based on the research I've done thus far.
STAY AWAY!!!! FAR FAR AWAY!!!!
(I used to live there)

Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Ooo okay. Thanks for the insight ananeele2. Not as great as it sounds on their website, huh?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 PM

9 posts, read 24,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw1588 View Post
Ooo okay. Thanks for the insight ananeele2. Not as great as it sounds on their website, huh?
Go to apartmentratings.com and read the reviews. I got fooled by the website and the price of rent. The apartments look great, but does it matter when you can't sleep, get a single minute of quiet, and cars are constantly being broken into? (And the leasing agents actively promote college kids from Johnson and Wales to live there).

It is filled with people your age, but they aren't 'professionals'. They're drunk and irresponsible students or bartenders who are living 4 to an apartment or having their parents pay for it. The District Manager, who doesn't work in that office, when I complained to her about the noise, even told me she had to tell a lot of the residents that if they didn't quiet down, she would call their parents. Call their parents?

Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananeele2 View Post
Go to apartmentratings.com and read the reviews. I got fooled by the website and the price of rent. The apartments look great, but does it matter when you can't sleep, get a single minute of quiet, and cars are constantly being broken into? (And the leasing agents actively promote college kids from Johnson and Wales to live there).

It is filled with people your age, but they aren't 'professionals'. They're drunk and irresponsible students or bartenders who are living 4 to an apartment or having their parents pay for it. The District Manager, who doesn't work in that office, when I complained to her about the noise, even told me she had to tell a lot of the residents that if they didn't quiet down, she would call their parents. Call their parents?
Yeah....At 23 the OP is very young and most people his age are going to fall more into the above category than the "professional" category. My first apartment when I got out of college was like that. Very popular with people my age, but what that meant is wild pool parties lasting until 5am and people going into work or school the next day drunk and stoned.

That said, I would say again that Dilworth/SouthEnd is great for young people and its more trendy, so you'll have less of that college frat atmosphere. NoDA is also very popular too. You can get some good deals on condos uptown but they might be a little out of your price range, I don't know. I wouldn't go too far into South Charlotte as it becomes more family oriented and if you are going to do that, you might as well live in Huntersville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte