Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
In Mooresville lately they have been cracking down on idiots who use the two way center turn lane as their own personal merge lane. And the cops don't even pull them over...they pull right up behind them.

Asinine drivers here.
There are asinine drivers everywhere, but I have noticed this as well. Along those lines I always see people turning left out of a parking lot pull into the center lane instead of waiting until it's clear in both directions, even if there's not much traffic. Honestly I don't even know if this is illegal, but it is kinda annoying because sometimes it looks like there's a car coming right for ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 08:22 PM

748 posts, read 1,770,726 times
It's illegal. I only know this because I had to take my test last year. It pisses me off royally because you don't know what the jackass is doing. I dread teaching my kids to drive because 99% of it will be defensive driving thanks to NC law enforcement sucking.

Issue tickets. Tickets = beer money to hillbillies. Word spreads. If you do this, you will have less beer money, so don't do it.

It's pretty sad when New Yorkers say this is the worse driving they've ever seen.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:06 PM

45 posts, read 123,374 times
I recently started a new job up in northeast Charlotte, which means I have a 30-mile commute to work from Rock Hill. One thing that drives me absolutely insane, is all of the idiots that decide they want to cross over to the right lane, from all other lanes, at the last second to exit at Exit 82B/C, especially for the Celanese Rd exit. It happens every single day! These a-holes just have to barrel their way through at the last second, and they nearly hit them all the time... I exit onto the Cherry Rd exit, which is far less busy than the Celanese exit, so I have to deal with these people cutting across my lane to get over.

I try not to let these people in, because they should have known they were gonna exit, and do the right thing (LOL) and get over into the right lane earlier!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:22 AM

763 posts, read 821,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
It's illegal. I only know this because I had to take my test last year. It pisses me off royally because you don't know what the jackass is doing. I dread teaching my kids to drive because 99% of it will be defensive driving thanks to NC law enforcement sucking.

Issue tickets. Tickets = beer money to hillbillies. Word spreads. If you do this, you will have less beer money, so don't do it.

It's pretty sad when New Yorkers say this is the worse driving they've ever seen.

Firstly, why do you speak negatively about being taught "defensive" driving? My son went through driving school in London and got his permit there. It was great as if there is any place where defensive driving is required, it is overseas. Learning defensive driving is what keeps drivers aware of hazards, etc. Not much skill is required for offensive driving, just a general knowledge of how to use a steering wheel and a gas pedal and brakes.

I think that most New Yorkers are smart enough to understand that the chances are pretty slim that the average driver is from this area. So, one can't intelligently place the blame for bad drivers at locals. All states and countries are included in the local driving pool.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 PM

372 posts, read 658,903 times
My biggest peeve regarding other drivers concerns the "thank you wave"....whatever happened to it? You let someone in front of you and nothing??? They act like they are doing YOU a favor by you letting them move in front of you.....

Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
My biggest peeve regarding other drivers concerns the "thank you wave"....whatever happened to it? You let someone in front of you and nothing??? They act like they are doing YOU a favor by you letting them move in front of you.....
Surely you realize how difficult it is to give you a thanks sign and hold a cell phone or Ipod and steering wheel at the same time. I personally will not let a person on a cell phone out or do anything else for their convenience.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glmore View Post
Sometimes I debate whether or not to wave because I am not sure if the person actually let me in or if they are just slow. 99% of the time I just wave and figure I am good either way.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:24 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,200,415 times
Mine is seeing someone trying to drive and text/cell phone at the same time. It offends me

Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Mine is seeing someone trying to drive and text/cell phone at the same time. It offends me

There should be a law about that. Perhaps you can check and get back to us..

Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM

159 posts, read 335,042 times
This happened to me in South Park, I was in left turning lane of Sharon waiting to turn onto Morrison. I got the green arrow and a soccer mom in a Yukon almost hit me going straight on Sharon. Well she was on the phone and thought that green arrow for the left turning lane NEXT to her for a green light for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte